TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 175
  • Total: 175

Enterprise upper right template image, Guest text call

Started by Shwiggie, December 12, 2015, 10:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shwiggie

Hello everyone! I have two issues I need help with on the I'm looking for regarding Bloc's Enterprise theme. First, there used to be an image template for the upper right corner in PSD format. Does anyone have it? If I replicate it, it will take an inordinate amount of time.

Second, I'm also trying to determine the cause of a bug in the theme. When a guest opens the forum, where it should say, "Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.", it says, "Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register." This is from the userbox function in index.template.php (line 445) where it echos "welcome_guest", but I'm unsure as to how this can be addressed. I did customize the location of a news feed in that area, but it shouldn't be impacting this in the least.

Thanks for any help that can be provided. I was still using the 1.0.x version of SMF on the last version of TP for that software, and I had to make changes when my host updated to PHP 5.5. It's been somewhat bumpy, since I'm as rusty as an old rake when it comes to board admin stuff, but it's been fun, as well. Again, thanks!

Link to my forum: http://bonr.shwiggie.com
SMF version: 2.0.11
TP version: 1.2
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Enterprise (2.0)
Browser Name and Version: Chrome 49.0.2587.3 dev-m (64-bit), Firefox 42.0, Opera 12.17, Vivaldi 1.0.162.9 (Dev Build)
Mods installed: Simple Audio Video Embedder, Expanding & Collapsing Spoiler Tag
Related Error messages: N/A

illori

in index.template.php find

echo $txt['welcome_guest'];

replace with
sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title'])

lurkalot

Quote from: Shwiggie on December 12, 2015, 10:36:39 PM

I'm looking for regarding Bloc's Enterprise theme. First, there used to be an image template for the upper right corner in PSD format. Does anyone have it? If I replicate it, it will take an inordinate amount of time.

Unfortunately we don't have a copy of that PSD on here, at least not that I can find.  If you're lucky, and I mean lucky, bloc might have it lying around somewhere and help you out.  ;)

Shwiggie

Quote from: illori on December 12, 2015, 11:33:46 PM
in index.template.php find

echo $txt['welcome_guest'];

replace with
sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title'])

Thanks for looking into it. I made this change (adding a semicolon at the end of the code), but I got a blank where the greeting should be, instead. Ideas? I know this call works properly on the TP block on the lower right-hand side, but copy/pasting the code isn't accomplishing anything for some reason.

Quote from: lurkalot on December 12, 2015, 11:53:05 PMActually, is this what you're looking for? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=80888.msg3597704#msg3597704

Yes, that's it. Thank you! I must have not been logged into the SMF site when I looked there earlier, as I didn't notice the download.

illori

dont know why but

echo '
<div class="info">', sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']), '</div>';
works but without the div it seems to fail.