TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:34:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 151
  • Total: 151

Image Resizing?

Started by betty02, October 22, 2009, 10:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

betty02

Over at www.twingooc.com we have our latets new 9usually involves pictures) being posted and they show in the centre of SMF.

Now my question is when images are larger then the centre block they stretch as you can see if you go there. Is it possible to resize them images just for that purpose on the home page without needing to resize them for the whole of SMF?

Cheers
Simon

ZarPrime

Simon,

At this time, there is no way to have your images different sizes in the Forum posts and in the posts that are shown on the Front Page.  FWIW, I am working with another member on the Spanish board that is having the same issue.  You may want to have a look at this post I made there ...
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=31212.msg249593#msg249593

If this is a feature that is important to you, then you could put in a Feature request in the Feedback Board.  The alternative would be to widen your Forum to 90% or 95%.  We could possibly help you with that but I don't know what theme you are using or who designed it since there is no theme author's copyright on your site.

ZarPrime

bloc

You can try a simple css solution that might help. Basically it makes all images have set maximum width so they never go over that. You will need to decide what that width will be though:

.windowbg2 img
{
max-width: 500px;
height: 100%;
}

Also, it works only in the most recent browsers, so its not 100% fail-proof. Worth a try though.