TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 118
  • Total: 118

Which database table?

Started by mr tart, November 09, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr tart

I'm trying to move my TP to a new server. Simply backing up the data either from the admin panel or phpmyadmin isnt working, I think either because the resulting sql file is too large (I've been told not top gzip it as this causes problems too) and possibly becuase my old server is mysql v5 and the new one is mysql v4.

So I'm trying to do it step by step. The forum is only a month old so there is not a huge amount of data, under 300 posts in fact.

I need to know which tables contain the data for members, topics, posts, attachments and overall board structure. Most TP stuff I can do manually (articles, news etc).
A lot of it is obvious such as smf_boards etc but I'm worried that there might be one or two not so obvious but just as important.

many thanks,

Matt

Crip

Hey Matt..
I can't help you with this, but JPDeni can, she knows databases very well..shes a TPcoder..
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

mr tart

actually my trial and error attempy came up pretty good.
Having flashchat installed creates many new tables in the db and one of them had over 230,000 entries in it which is why my sql files were huge.

My only tiny snag now is that my new server is in london and my old server was in the US so the posts that have just been migrated have the incorrect time stamp on them (five hours). Its definately something I can live with and new posts will be timestamped correctly but I wondered which table has this information (though if its a linux date format then there is no way I am going to manual change every post lol)

mr tart

and to answer my own question, posts are in smf_messages and they do use the unix timestamp.

Oh well, at least I've managed to move server with a dummy domain...the real thing happens tomorrow but at least I (should) know what I'm doing now lol

IchBin

I'm pretty sure you could run an update query to change the timestamp if you could find someone that new the command.

Nokonium

In the TP downloads I have uploaded a set of utility files
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=get281

The create_backup file will save all tables with the given prefix, restore_backup will restore the given backup. These utilites do not have the size limitation encountered with phpMyAdmin.