TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:07:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 244
  • Total: 244

[Block] Google Ad Block

Started by alan19792008, January 20, 2009, 06:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan19792008

Hi guys i have been spending hours over the past few days trying to add the google ads mod from SMF and basically getting fed up with it and i gave in. then i came up with this idea. I was messing around with the Block adder and found i could add google ad's to my site with out any problems at all. below are the instructions on how to do it if you dont already.

Adding Google Ads to your TP site.

1. Sign-up to google by clciking this url. https://www.google.com/adsense/g-app-single-1?&sourceid=aso&subid=ww-ww-et-helpcenter%20&medium=link.

2. Once you have signed up you should follow Google's step by step adsense set-up.

3. copy and paste your adsense code to your notepad on your pc and save it to keep it safe or the time being.

4. log in to the admin side of your website and scroll down to the tiny portal section and click on block manager.

5. Now create a new block where you want it to go, either right side, left side, center or front page.

6. the new block must be a SCRIPTBOX and name either "site sponsors" or "Google ad's" which ever you prefer.

7. Finally open the Google.txt file or what ever you called it when you saved your adsense code to your desktop, Copy and Paste the code where it says -no content- then click save.

8. Now remember to activate it in the blcok control panel.

Now you may need to refresh your website a fw times but it will apear once Google sends the programe to you site.

fazlies79

thanks,,,,, this is what i want... ;)

G6Cad

Hej alan19792008 , just wanted to give a note about me edit your first post. I changed the headline and added [Block] to it.
That way it will be listed as the ten newest block code and snippets. ( look in the top of this board )

nasir

i got an prblm,,the ads crossed my site line,,,i mean,,,it does not fit in the box,,,what can i do ???

IchBin

How about changing the size of your block? Please stop posting in bold....

SoKoOLz

Hi all,
This method doesnt work for me.
I'm using Tinyportal 1.0 Beta 3 with Impulse theme.

I've created the block type as "BBC/HTML CODE", because I couldn't find your SCRIPTBLOCK type. Still the Ads wouldn't show up.

I've also tried displaying it through PHP and HTML&Javascript code, but nothing is working.

Please help.

totaltutankoll

Quote from: nasir on February 21, 2009, 05:54:13 PM
i got an prblm,,the ads crossed my site line,,,i mean,,,it does not fit in the box,,,what can i do ???
Have you chosen the correct size at your adsene account where you picked up the ad in the first place?

totaltutankoll

Quote from: SoKoOLz on February 24, 2009, 05:04:30 PM
Hi all,
This method doesnt work for me.
I'm using Tinyportal 1.0 Beta 3 with Impulse theme.

I've created the block type as "BBC/HTML CODE", because I couldn't find your SCRIPTBLOCK type. Still the Ads wouldn't show up.

I've also tried displaying it through PHP and HTML&Javascript code, but nothing is working.

Please help.
I'm not that clever with SMF and TP but I have been using Google for a long time and I'm not sure you're aware it can take quite sometime to get the ads to show up on your site when you've posted the code. Take a look at my SMF - TP site and you'll see googles here and there and other adverts but all the googles have one thing in common they have a delay for showing.

nathancnc

I am using TP 1.0 beta 3, and nothing is working. No matter what I do te Google ads won't show! Please Help

IchBin

Change the block type to php. Put your code in and save it. Then change the block type back to javascript.