TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:00:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,170
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60

CripZone

Started by Maxx1, August 10, 2014, 08:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx1

CripZone has expired, and I'm setting up a new site in Crip's Honer, and will be call CripZone and the url will be jpr62.net, I have SMF installed and will start uploading things tonight and as long as it takes. I think it's the least I can do for someone that did what he did for the Community and. He often told me of all toughs of you that helped him along the way. We had no control over his hosting and or domain, so let's start a new and I have most all of his most current themes. If anyone that know anybody at SMF that can pass this on, once I have it all set up it will be appreciated. OH BTW Jim is helping me out in this as always! :) the Admins of this site will be announce soon as it's completed!.I will only be helping out will support!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

Skhilled

Cool, Maxx. If you guys need anything, just ask. :)

bloc

Good one :) the domain "cripzone"..is it taken?

william777

Maxx1

As far as I know the Cripzone, is taken, however, I just got word that we may have  gotten his current URL domain jpr62.com

I'm downloading his complete site, now and over night. so we will have the jpr62 "com" and "net" And the jpr62 is the one he was using, so that's maybe a plus!  may take us some time but we'll get something going again! I got his DB but, Jeff Had the site set up kinda difficult so, I'll try to get things going again!

Thanks,
Maxx

Maxx1

Ok Crip's site is back and I can't thank Scrubmeister enough for saving it for us! So the link here should get you there, ( redirect ) . Hope to see everyone stop by! Will be tweaking and cleaning some but your log-in should be good if not ,please re join... thanks all!

regards,
Maxx

ZarPrime

Bloc,

The last time I checked, I believe that cripzone.com was locked and still owned by Jeff until November. I'm going to look into that again though. I couldn't do anything today because I had some personal business to attend to. I knew that his hosting was going to expire in August as far back as March, even though I didn't know the exact date, but this thing just sort of snuck up on us. I have to except all the blame for that happening since once I found out about it, I couldn't afford to pay the full 2 years. I thought about trying to get my own account with his host. That would have meant that I would have only had to pay a little more than half what Jeff was paying but the required term for a new account is 3 years and that would have been almost as expensive as Jeff's rate for 2 years.

Jim

bloc

I see. Well, I could get the domain and even host cripzone if anyone have problems with doing it. And if only the domain: point it to a host.

It would be a shame to let it slip away, his themes and site.

Maxx1

As far as I know we also have the domain: Cripzone.com, and I have some big pay back to do lol! :)

Jeff had/has a demosite and download system and the themes at SMF that we need to try and make sure they can keep them up there, because they will still have support, and Bloc as well I know you never asked, but I'll Never forget what those do for the community!!!

regards,
Maxx

G6Cad

Been thinking of this for a few days now since i read the post. It´s a great thing to keep all Crips work, but I cant stop thinking of all the work still to be done with all the thems when it comes to update and support them. I know Crip sometimes went off line for long periods just because it went to big and took a lot of time to fix updates, support and help all the people that couldent fix things themselfs. It was a full time job keeping all Crips themes up to date and also all changes to the themes users wanted help with.
To keep all his themes will take a lot of effort from someone willing to take on all the work that comes with them.
I wonder if the work involved will be to much to handle ?