TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73

How to create a frontpage that is only seen when outside link is clicked

Started by Replayuk, June 05, 2020, 11:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: Replayuk on June 06, 2020, 07:01:47 PM
I did make it the HTML artical but it displayed this.

All I can see is part of the css code.  reply and paste the whole code between code tags, [code] Your code here [/code]

Replayuk

But shouldn`t that be running the code and not displaying it Lurk, This is what i cannot understand!

lurkalot

Quote from: Replayuk on June 07, 2020, 07:48:30 AM

But shouldn`t that be running the code and not displaying it Lurk, This is what i cannot understand!

Edit:  Are you sure that's a html type article?

Replayuk

yes and for some reason it just throws back a page of code and not running it to display the content, thats what confuses me tbh.

I create an artical then goto the html and dump the code and it displays it then i try view it and it just shows the code again, So atm its got me confused to why thats happening.

All i`m after doing is making the news page in there, so i can link it to the frontpage and thats it really. Dont know whats making it not work because it looks so simple to do tbh.

Thankyou Lurk for taking time to help out

@rjen

Lurkalot asked you two times already to provide the full html code here in [code ] [/ code] tags: you did not do that !

Please answer the question asked so we can help you...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on June 07, 2020, 08:25:06 AM
Lurkalot asked you two times already to provide the full html code here in [code ] [/ code] tags: you did not do that !

Please answer the question asked so we can help you...

I did indeed.  It always helps us to help you, when we know exactly what's being entered into blocks or article when problems arise. Hence why we ask for such. 

Though I suspect the reason for the code displaying is down to the WYSIWYG editor being turned on for articles, and not hitting the view source button in the editor before pasting in code.  Personally I would turn the editor off in article settings.

Replayuk

This in interesting now its running the code but doing this, see what you make of this, but we are starting to get there now  :)

I`ve put whats happening in the attachment below.

lurkalot

Quote from: Replayuk on June 07, 2020, 09:26:40 AM
This in interesting now its running the code but doing this, see what you make of this, but we are starting to get there now  :)

I`ve put whats happening in the attachment below.

So it was the WYSIWYG editor as I suspected.

The various problems you're seeing now are  probably because the css you're using are overriding the css for the main site.  You will need to rewrite the code so it doesn't do that.  I'm no css expert, but that looks like what's happening to me.  ;)

Replayuk

Well now i can work on that cheers Lurk, I`ll wite a much cleaner set of code to see what happens next.

Cheers