TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:59:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 69

Can I convert a existing website with SMF to Tiny Portal

Started by comanchero18, August 02, 2006, 03:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunlike

Can you manually check your files through FTP?

If so, go to where you installed SMF / TP and check to make sure everything got uploaded and make sure none of the sizes are "0".

If they didn't, unzip the TP package that you downloaded from here to your computer and manually upload the files / folders to your server.

comanchero18

Don't know what FTP is.  The front page looks like this...

Admin
News

Then there is a retangular box with curved edges on top and my website name.  It's highlighted but when I click it nothing happens.  After I click a recent post the boards show up in that box.

IchBin

comanch, you need to go into your admin panel. On the left you'll see a link for TinyPortal "Settings". Then look for a link that says Frontpage, or Frontpage Settings. On that page you'll find the option of what you can display on the frontpage, the forum being an option.

comanchero18

That has been tried, don't see option in my settings but I do see blocks under settings and a front page editor there but it doesn't look like I can do anything there.  Also prvious post on this link have adressed that issue.  I Uninstalled TP but it's still working on my site.  My webmaster just told me he thinks he can go into my PHP or something like that and fix it. 

Xarcell

If you want blocks on your site, you have to have TP installed. Unless you have someone to create a theme with blocks in it, but TP does that for you without having to hire someone to build a custom theme.

Now, I don't think TP is uninstalled. If it was, it still wouldn't be showing up. Go to your package manager, click "browse packages". Does it say "uninstall tiny portal" or "install tinyportal"?

Also, I agree with anunlike. I Don't think your using a TP enabled theme HM. I will find the link for you. One sec...

Xarcell

Uninstall your current HM theme, go to admin > themes & layout > themes & settings > find the HM theme and click the red X. Then in your SMF root directory(FTP) go to Themes > HM theme and delete the folder.

K, after uninstalling your HM theme. This download and install this one:

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item82

Xarcell

BTW, don't bother installing the that theme if you don't have TP installed.

eldacar

I suggest you start again.

Reset everyone to the default SMF theme, and disable (temporarily) the changing of themes.
Upload the SMF files again, overwriting everything but Settings.php
Install TP through the package manager
Install the Helios Multi TP version theme.
Allow everyone to change themes again, and reset everyone to use HM_TP.