TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:16:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50

SimplePortal Blocks import to TP help from dev

Started by ausfisho, May 04, 2021, 11:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ausfisho

Hi i was wondering if a dev of tiny portal can import my blocks from simple portal in to my new install of latest up grade of simple machines & now using install of TP as i have no clue how to do this or if it can be done in to TP, hoping i can transfer all my old code ??????

tino

Do you mean the blocks or articles and pages?

I'd not think you'd have many blocks, TinyPortal also handles them very differently to SimplePortal so an import isn't easy.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on May 04, 2021, 08:01:41 PM

I'd not think you'd have many blocks, TinyPortal also handles them very differently to SimplePortal so an import isn't easy.

I'm willing to take a look at this for ausfisho.  It sounds like just blocks atm, but I would also like to know the extent of the content requiring migration. Sounds like it's all got to be extracted from a database backup as the site has already switched portals.

ausfisho

Quote from: lurkalot on May 05, 2021, 07:45:48 AM
Quote from: tino on May 04, 2021, 08:01:41 PM

I'm willing to take a look at this for ausfisho.  It sounds like just blocks atm, but I would also like to know the extent of the content requiring migration. Sounds like it's all got to be extracted from a database backup as the site has already switched portals.

some blocks are html,others, php, had a image slider from a gallery mod on front page some are pages i think a few articles 

lurkalot

Made a start on this, but there's a few issues with mods missing which had content being pulled from certain blocks, and something is screwing with the TinyPortal layout which I'm yet to find. 

ausfisho

Can't thank you enough for fixing my site up  intergrating that code to fix up the blocks etc ;)