TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:34:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 73
  • tino

A question

Started by phatrat, April 13, 2005, 01:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phatrat

I had this DHTML code working great in a html test block and then it ceased to work, why would that be? The code effected all the hover links through out the entire site at the time.....which was fine...
just wondering...
thanx.. ;D

<html>
<head>
<style>
a:hover
{
text-transform:uppercase;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<a href="default.asp">Mouse over this link</a>
</body>

</html>

IchBin

Well I'm not an expert on what DHTML is but to me in looks like all you've done is change the link hover effect with a style sheet property. Did you recently change themes or anything? I'm not sure how it works if your current theme already has a setting in it's CSS file and you're making another one.

Bjørn

Quote from: phatrat on April 13, 2005, 01:50:49 AM
I had this DHTML code working great in a html test block and then it ceased to work, why would that be? The code effected all the hover links through out the entire site at the time.....which was fine...
just wondering...
thanx.. ;D

<html>
<head>
<style>
{
}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<a href="default.asp">Mouse over this link</a>
</body>

</html>

It proably fails because you defined <html> and <body> tags in it. you should instead use <style type="text/css"> for the defined style, and leave out all <html>,<head> and <body> tags.

The preview output is in a iframe, with not much tags - so it might work fine there.

phatrat

Quote from: IchBin on April 13, 2005, 05:19:55 AM
Well I'm not an expert on what DHTML is but to me in looks like all you've done is change the link hover effect with a style sheet property. Did you recently change themes or anything? I'm not sure how it works if your current theme already has a setting in it's CSS file and you're making another one.

I'm not an expert either IchBin.lol...thats why i'm playing with it. No I have not changed the theme.(helios tp) and no i did not have the setting already..
I will try blocs suggestion and see what i can do..
Thanx you two for repling!
phatrat

IchBin

I'm sure Bloc is correct. :) I forgot you don't have to included the page tags, just the format tags.

phatrat

Quote from: IchBin on April 13, 2005, 10:50:02 PM
I'm sure Bloc is correct. :) I forgot you don't have to included the page tags, just the format tags.

ok.. I'm just trying a few things to see what will work in the blocks..just testing things out and i have a ways to go as far as understanding the correct code in this matter..
thanx again!

phatrat

Quote from: phatrat on April 13, 2005, 11:18:12 PM
Quote from: IchBin on April 13, 2005, 10:50:02 PM

ok.. I'm just trying a few things to see what will work in the blocks..just testing things out and i have a ways to go as far as understanding the correct code in this matter..
thanx again!

I would like to ask if one of you can show me how the code should look in a block in order to use it please.. or should i edit the index instead..I'll be able to go from there on the rest for the other test scripts i'm playing with.. I'm just trying to understand why or not different Dhtml scripts can or cant be used in the portal blocks..
Thanx again..
phatrat

IchBin

<style type="text/css">
{
}
</style>