TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 192
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108

rss news feed for homepage

Started by platinumUWE, February 14, 2008, 04:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antechinus

Ok, so I create the block and switch it on, put the feed address into the window in "Edit", go to the front page and there's no feed showing. The block is there, including its title, but it's empty. What have I missed?

Smoky

is the rss site where you are getting it from down??  :o

antechinus

Nope, coz if I put the feed address straight into my browser's address bar it shows up fine.

I'll try another feed just to make sure.

antechinus

Bother. Just tried Reuters and it works perfectly. Must be a problem with the other site then. Funny coz I can get there with Firefox, like I said.

Anyway I have Reuters, which is one of the main ones I wanted. Btw Lesmond, those settings you suggested didn't work well for me. What happened is that the front page blocks were both duplicated and jumbled up.

I used

"How frontblocks will be shown: >>>>>> Normal, frontblocks are shown alone."  and

"What to show on front page: >>>>>> Front page blocks."

antechinus

Ok, there's just one leeetle thing.......................as always.

Is there any way of configuring the feed so that it opens the story in a new tab instead of using the existing one?

Smoky

i forgot that one Ztn lol.. and i just read it what?? an hour ago?? heck i dont.. but it's interesting..  :D

Zetan

It's what I use on my site.. it's pretty good :)

antechinus

Cool trick, but I don't want to mess with the Reuters header in case they get grumpy, which means I'd be up for a fair bit of messing with the css. I'll put it on the back burner for now. Cheers.