TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:44:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 99
  • Total: 99

A World Of Thanks To G6 and TP

Started by parentingdiscussions, April 05, 2006, 12:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parentingdiscussions

About two months ago I was ready to launch my website and I really had what I wanted in mind, however the only problem that I had was choosing a forum program that would be easy to use, and have some very needed security settings. I was told by a very good friend that I should look into PHP-Nuke, and so I started my quest in pursuing this program, and uploaded it to my site.

My problems almost started as soon as I got it up and running, and I spent a better half of 3 weeks trying to fix all the problems that I had, and nothing seemed to work properly, if you needed to change something you had to go right in and change the script and that was a totally nightmare. I went to site after site asking for help, and the only help that I did get was some of the big wigs telling me that it would cost me $65.00 an hour for them to even look at what problems I had, and if they had to do anything I would be changed a rate per-hour for them to work on it, and it was to the point where I found someone who was willing to work on the site, and it ended up costing me well over $200.00 and the sad part is that after this person did their thing, I still had a mountain of problems and it just wasn’t working like I wanted it too, any modules you added sometimes had conflicts with other parts of the site, and after 3 weeks of this, I finial gave it up, and was thinking about going back to phpbb, which would have worked, but I still wanted more.

About 3 weeks ago, I was searching the net and found SMF, and read about it, and thought that it looked nice, and had some really cool features that I wanted, so I thought what do I have to really loose, and even though I had some problems getting it going, and after asking for help in the forums, someone came in and set it all up for me, and it didn’t cost me nothing. It took me a better part of a week to get the topics in place and I just loved how you could upload stuff right in the program, which made it really easy, and took care of a lot of time.

Although I really liked the SMF as it was, I wanted to have just a little more, and someone directed me to this website, â€Ã...“Tiny Portalâ€Ã, I loved how the site looked and I was greeted when ever I asked any question, and wasn’t asked to pay a fee for that information. I am not that good with this stuff, and I just couldn’t figure out how to install TP, and I went in and asked for help and it wasn’t no more then a few hours and someone came forward and helped me out.

The person that helped me install and set up my forum was G6, and I cannot be happier with how well this person helped me out. It is hard to trust perfect strangers, but I am going to tell you, If it wasn’t for G6 I wouldn’t have gotten it done right, and not only did this person install TP but she also fixed a lot of problems in my site on my FTP, that is service and don’t be afraid to ask for help, because there are some truly good people here, who are not out to make a fast buck.

I want to thank all of the people here at Tiny Portal for all your help, and you showed me how much you cared just for the other guy. I am not ever going to forget you guys for all your help, and maybe someday I can return the favor.

You all are the best!!

Robert
:smiley6600: :smiley6600: :smiley6600: :smiley6600:

Xarcell

It's posts like these that really motovate us. As a side note, G6 was just asked to join "The Team". I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Your story kinda sounds like what I went through, before I found SMF/TP.

Good stuff...

anunlike

Awesome story.

I know for a fact that if SMF and TP weren't so easy to work with, I wouldn't be able to have any kind of site. The other big software choices, which I looked at briefly, seem way too complicated for a newcomer like me.

BTW, you may want to post the link to the topic here that showcases your site or post the link to your site directly.

:)

WebMasterZ

Nice story, we are all here for the common cause of TP.

And its allways nice when someone says "thanks"

Well Done EVERYONE

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

G6Cad

The link to his site is http://www.parentingdiscussions.com
And thank you for making this post :) Im glad i could help you out :)

Crip

G6 is an awesome Happy helper.  //C// ;)
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes