TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:40:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 78
  • Total: 79
  • @rjen

Multiblock ? (Blocks within a block)

Started by hashend94, July 01, 2013, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx1

TP as Brad explained has many ways to setup panels and blocks layouts.
If you go in the TP control panel you can experiment by starting an article and you will be shown the various layout options there...TP admin > articles.

and TP will not mess up your system like some do , so you may want give it a try!

maxx

But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

feline

Quote from: IchBin™ on July 15, 2013, 03:19:42 AM
Feline, it's hard to understand what you are showing that is a block within a block. How can one tell just by looking at it? A better, more clear example would be nice.

Curious on the cache too. Are you caching by group? User? Seems like a lot of data to throw in the cache, but certainly worth the load it could possibly take off by not having to query for the blocks etc.
I think, here is not the right place to get more informations about this.
If you have questions about the BiB technology, or the block caching, you can ask this on our support page.
We have no problems with people they develop other modifications for SMF so we obviously the case here.

PortaMx released the Portax-Forum Version 1.2 with revolutionary features, which has no other Forum.

ZarPrime

Quote from: feline on July 15, 2013, 08:57:53 PM
I think, here is not the right place to get more informations about this.
If you have questions about the BiB technology, or the block caching, you can ask this on our support page.
We have no problems with people they develop other modifications for SMF so we obviously the case here.

You're right, this is not the right place to talk about your own portal.  Keep it on your own site.  You have done this before, and I, for one, don't appreciate your antics.  I have threatened to moderate your posts here before, and I won't hesitate to do that if you continue with your crap.  In addition, I won't hesitate to remove your signature should this ever happen again.  Stay on your own site.  Nobody appreciates your input here.

ZarPrime

feline

Wow .. crazy peoples here  ;D
Do you known, that a lot of code in TinyPortal is written by me?

PortaMx released the Portax-Forum Version 1.2 with revolutionary features, which has no other Forum.

ZarPrime

Oh, yeah?  What's that make you???

Yeah, I know you wrote a few lines of code when you were here.  I would guess that's why you decided it was OK to use some TP code in some of your early versions of PortaPottie MX.  Again, I am just about at the breaking point with you.  I have been here before and some of the rest of the team have convinced me to leave you alone.  It won't work this time.  Keep pushing me and you will be gone once and for all.

ZarPrime

feline

At the time, where I helped Bloc on TinyPortal, you were not here yet .... ^-^

Maxx1

Yes Like I said we know where your site is and I and many other here know who was responsible for TP, and we know you were involved as well, But it's still not right pushing other stuff on the completions site.

Seems like your post are all about your portal and not TP.

What happen between you and who ever in the past has nothing to do with the here and now!
I will say it again, there is nothing like TP, And some of us have tried yours.

I don't like links and sigs anyway!

and this is why!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

ZarPrime

Quote from: hashend94 on July 15, 2013, 08:28:13 PM
okay so in the picture i've attached, whats drawn in blue are main blocks placed horizontally. And the ones drawn in red are actually 2 more blocks in one of those major horizontal blocks(Ones in blue). I want a method to replicate this.

hashend94,

Block in block is not all that powerful.  Given the right code, and a little bit of time, I could duplicate what is done in that image you posted with TinyPortal.  That's the power of TP.

ZarPrime

hashend94

Hey ZarPrime,
Actually I prefer TP over any other portal because your support is more faster and helpful than any other. Support is crucial for a person like me since my knowledge in coding is almost nil  :'( . That's why i'm trying my best to find a way to replicate what that portal mod is doing onto TP. What I want is simple really, I just want a few blocks in the top pannel to display blocks like 2'. I'm pretty sure you already know what Im talking about. So If  you can help me find a way to replicate it I'm more than greatful to you,

IchBin

Quote from: hashend94 on July 15, 2013, 08:28:13 PM
okay so in the picture i've attached, whats drawn in blue are main blocks placed horizontally. And the ones drawn in red are actually 2 more blocks in one of those major horizontal blocks(Ones in blue). I want a method to replicate this.

Yes, this layout can be replicated by using multiple panels. TP has an upper and top, lower and bottom panels so you can put multiple block layouts like that. You don't have to put a block into a block for it.

No reason to be so hostile everyone. The way Feline deals with things in such a way that offends anyone will only harm her reputation. Treating her in the same way you feel you are being treated will only make you/us look bad in the same manner.