TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98

Articles problem

Started by Skb, January 10, 2019, 07:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skb

I'm using TP 1.5.0
I've been using the Front Panel / Front Page on the Forum. Initially, the Front Panel content had links to our Articles which were placed on our website (not forum).

Now, I've used the TP Articles feature and moved them to the forum. My Category is known as General Articles. I want only 1 Article to display at a time. If I use the display LinkTree option, the Category link is displayed there and when clicked it will show all the Articles together. If I disable the LinkTree option, only the Home page button shows in the LinkTree (which is fine) but it links to the displayed Article and not the Home page.

Am I missing some option ?   

SMF 2.1 RC4 (default theme) / TP 2.1.0

@rjen

I cannot understand what situation you are having. Can we see it on your forum?
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Skb

I hope the screen shot can explain better.

@rjen

As far as I can see you are not on the Home page, but on an articles pages...

The link is supposed to direct to the current page (which it does), disabling the setting to show the linktree on the article seems to just remove the 'path to the article', but does not change the destination of the remaining link.

I can see that this is confusing, but I am not sure if this is intended or not...

@rjen

Funny thing: just checked the code:

in 2.0 the remaining link still points to the article, in 2.1 (due to different approach using hooks) the remaining link points to /forum... (which may be not what you want, but that is the default link SMF creates)

So it is definitely something that is worth looking into, since it is not consistent...

Skb

Quote from: @rjen on January 10, 2019, 09:25:12 AM
Funny thing: just checked the code:

in 2.0 the remaining link still points to the article, in 2.1 (due to different approach using hooks) the remaining link points to /forum...

Yes, that is what I want (as in 2.1). That the link to home (Diabetic Pub in our case) should go back to Home and not remain on the article page.

If you could suggest the code changes, I could look into that. 

@rjen

These code changes are a bit too complex for me atm. Maybe Tino can offer something...

Logged in GH: https://github.com/Tinyportal/TinyPortal/issues/282

tino

If I disable the linktree I get no linktree? Which is what I would expect.

That's no link to the home page or anything. I have fixed the bug with SMF2.1 where it was adding the forum to the link tree unnecessarily.

@rjen

What Exactly do you mean by that? The linktree itself is active but you set the linktree to not show for this specific article: when viewing the article the category and page info is removed from the linktree, but the forum name remains ... see the screenshot...

tino

See the attachments. With the linktree setting enabled and then cleared, for SMF2.0