TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:55:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

absolute path

Started by dannjr, February 24, 2005, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannjr

Install path or at least a howto manually install
please read the link here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28873.0
this is gonna give all sorts of problems.. At least the way I see it..
Changing host isnt a option when you have several domains over several servers on the same host and now mods cant be installed and all the boards are on yabbse with and without enigma

The portal worked great on the dedicated servers (Win2kserv) where I have the control over the path and redirects.. The linux servers are on shared servers with loads of redirects

Thank you
dannjr

Bjørn

Well, I answered to it...and as I said there the path that TinyPortal use is the same as the path SMF use. So hacking that in some way will make TP have the "wrong" version of course.

I suggest finding out why the path is being read wrong by SMF...if you sort that out , the mod will also be correct.

dannjr

I fixed the problem durring the reinstall of smf and the Tportal takes the path wrong
path = /home/dslnuts/www/gardenbuggy
reads in Tportal at the end of the install
path = /home/www/dslnuts/gardenbuggy
or
Table 'buggysgarden.tportal_settings' doesn't exist
File: /home/www/dslnuts/gardenbuggy/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 40

or another way to say it is
it says succsessss and the right path till the end

Is there a manual way to fix that.. The host and I spent a couple of hours looking for a server problem and didnt find one. Its also setup with db and other connectors to other servers
OR is there a way to set it in the install file because its not reading the Settings.php

Again I did get the SMF to take the right path durring the 2nd and 3rd install...

Thanks

Bjørn

Well..you could of course set it manually I suppose. But it IS strange that it wont read the path correctly. But I am not familair with server issues really...

Send me a PM and I will make it hardcoded for you.