TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:50:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

A brief look into TinyPortal

Started by Diego, December 28, 2015, 09:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego

Hello there, today I decided to make some test on tiny portal and his responsiveness  :D
I have sent a pull request to the TP repo in github.

Also I noticed a possible bug
Code (TPortal.php) Select
if(empty($context['page_title']))
$context['page_title'] = $context['forum_name'];
}

I don't know if someone ever noticed it, but Profile doest not send $context['page_title'] before TPortal does. Therebefore, it will print $context['forum_name'] instead of the original title of Profile.php

Removing that part of the code solves the issue, but I don't know too much about TP and don't know if it will affect something else.  :uglystupid2:

illori

that has been reported before, and it does not seem to have a fix. it is even possibly causing another bug.

lurkalot

Quote from: Diego on December 28, 2015, 09:05:57 PM

Hello there, today I decided to make some test on tiny portal and his responsiveness  :D
I have sent a pull request to the TP repo in github.

Diego, thank you so much. I have it installed on one of my test sites right now. I'm not up with mobile tech, but it looks good and seems to pass the google mobile test with flying colours.  O0

illori

if you have google chrome or firefox, you can use their developer tools to change your view into a mobile view.

in firefox right click inspect element click this button then you can select the size of the device and browse.

in chrome right click and inspect click this button then you can select the device you want to preview with and browse.

lurkalot

Quote from: illori on December 28, 2015, 10:23:12 PM
if you have google chrome or firefox, you can use their developer tools to change your view into a mobile view.

in firefox right click inspect element click this button then you can select the size of the device and browse.

in chrome right click and inspect click this button then you can select the device you want to preview with and browse.

Thanks Illori. Seems  jumped the gun a bit there. I think the AlphaCentauri was throwing me. It's passing the responsive test when using it. But fails in the default curve theme.

Then again I'm not good with mobile stuff, so don't really know what I should be seeing.  :-[

Diego

It should be fine while using the curve responsive mod :)

Thanks for the feedback

illori

Diego, i sent you a pm earlier can you take a look?

lurkalot

Sorry Diego, I thought I posted a link to test site 2 in this thread. here it is again just in case. http://cctestsite.info/testsite2/index.php?action=forum

On that test site I have the left panel set to 250 and the right panel set at 220. As you can see they are much narrower than those figures set in the panel

If I turn off the right panel the left panel widens slightly to about 200

Registration is enabled If anyone wants a test login.