TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:55:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 108
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 69

fatal error after install

Started by fizzo, March 12, 2006, 09:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizzo

After installing  i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() in /home/.ben/leimer/saoutpost.com/Sources/Load.php(1607) : eval()'d code on line 442

www.saoutpost.com
i have attached the load file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

IchBin

I don't think it's related to the Load.php file. May I suggest you upload all the TP files again and overwrite the existing ones?

fizzo

i did uplaod the files yesterday 3 seperate times and had the same problem

TwinsX2Dad

Which FTP client did you use to do it? Some will botch the transfer of various file types, when left to their own auto-setting devices.

Just one file sent binary instead of ASCII can hose up the whole works.

IchBin

After looking at your site again, it appears that TinyPortal did not install properly. I would suggest you run the manual install and copy the files over once more to see if that will help. If that doesn't work we can take a look at it for you if you want to give one of us access.

fizzo

thanks for the fast response on this.

i just switched to a new host recently and just discovered that they have some extra web security added to the server.  it was allowing me to install and setup some things but not others.  i will disable the security when i get home from work tonight and try another install and get back to you on whether it works or not.

IchBin

Server down? I can't get in. I have to head home in a few minutes. I'll see if I can't get on then.

fizzo

i  aplogize.  we just transferred to a new host about a week ago and are still getting acclimated to using their service.  apparently, when i assing your ftp acct to the url i am actully assinging the url to your folder (not the other way around of allowing your folder access to be that of the current saoutpost.com files). 

here is what i am going to do.  i created a new url subdomain @ http://www.example2@saoutpost.com  and i have setup a new db.  when i get home from work in a little over an hour (pending on driving conditions since we got a ton of snow today)  i will do a fresh install using the ftp info i gave youof the forums to that site, install your mod, and see if it works.  if i have the same error i will let you know so you can take a look at it.

fizzo

alright - everything is solved.  i have too much of a nuke background and expect everything will be done backwards to get it running right and i was going about installing the software all wrong.

thanks for your time.