TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:06:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 154
  • Total: 154

Link to single article

Started by scip, February 26, 2005, 01:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scip

I want to make a html block with some links to single articles (attached to -none- category). How do I do that?
And - if this is possible - would it be possible for the next version to add a "view this article" link to the article list in tpadmin? That way I could easily grab the target link for each article.

And, another question: it doesn't seem to be possible to have 2(or even more) blocks of type category. How can I have multiple blocks, each linked to different categories? If I just create another block of this type it contains just all categories as the first one.

Thanks in advance, scip

Bjørn

Currently the content block will alwyas be tied to actual content, but the idea of several is interesting.

"view this article" sounds great, I will test it out.

scip

Well, after digging through the source I found that it already works, I just have to add a link to: index.php?page=3, which then displays the page in question, wether its attached to some category or not.

The HTML Block type also has a bug (I think it's one): it replaces newlines by
. I made a menu using such a block with some special css, so this behavior destroyed the menu look. The solution was: I had to fix this in the code manually.

Also, the textarea for html block edit in admin is way too small.

And, another suggestion: for now, I created a read-only forum, in the html block mentioned, I link to this forum. What would be nice, if there were a block which can do this natively, say: put several links to some forums, it then displays on the top a list of all available topics in this forum, and when one clicks on such a link, the topic will be displayed, but like a TP page, without reply buttons and such. Would that be possible?

kind regards, scip

Bjørn

- The reason html block do this, is beacuse its parsed through the forum BBC system. Any "funny" code is removed then. But in this new blocktype - scriptbox - nothing is filtered, and should allow for any kind of html/css/javascript.

Of course it wont display BBC codes or smilies then.

- The size of block edit textarea has already been fixed.

- In theory yes. It would have to do some databse calls on its own and the list *could* get large, meaning some sort of sorting/limiting would have to be done.

But this is really nothing more than having the forum show topics in a specific board, with the difference of seeing topics from more than one board.

Its a sort of hybrid between messageindex and recent posts( of selected boards) and are bit too specialized to be included I think. Also, by quick estimation , it would require more than 1 call to database, and thats not so good. Already the number of calls are twice as the forum. And its that on every pageview, therefore I don't want more than whats necessary.

scip

- The reason html block do this, is beacuse its parsed through the forum BBC system. Any "funny" code is removed then. But in this new blocktype - scriptbox - nothing is filtered, and should allow for any kind of html/css/javascript.

You're talking about the php block type? Ok, I'll try this.

Quote- The size of block edit textarea has already been fixed.

So, there's a new version?

QuoteIts a sort of hybrid between messageindex and recent posts( of selected boards) and are bit too specialized to be included I think. Also, by quick estimation , it would require more than 1 call to database, and thats not so good. Already the number of calls are twice as the forum. And its that on every pageview, therefore I don't want more than whats necessary.

Yes, I see, actually I just linked to the forums and users can live with that, so can I. Never mind.

scip

Bjørn

Not the php block type, a script-type that essentially is the same as the html..but allow javascript and don't parse smileys.

The php block NEEDS the code written in php. Pure html would create errors there.

I know..the names are bit misleading, I might change them some.

scip

ahm, there is no such block type. All I see is html, categories and *box types.

scip

Bjørn

Not in the public beta, no. I am talking about the next release.