TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 165
  • Total: 166
  • @rjen

Some RSS Feeds Working and Others Are Not. TP - 2.0.1 - RSS Feed Bug?

Started by Michael Vail, April 13, 2021, 01:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Vail

For the basic SMF / Tiny Portal users like me, could one of you post exactly what I need to do to make enact this change so the RSS feed issue works on my SMF 2.0.18 / Tiny Portal 2.0.1 forum? If someone could post something like:

In this file

Find this code or section

And add or replace this code with this code

This would really help basic users like me to incorporate the fix.

Also, is this something that related to Tiny Portal or SMF, and should I request it be changed somewhere for a future release or has that request already been made?

THANK YOU!
Mike Vail

@rjen

The change is already made in TinyPortal 2.1.0

Not sure when it will be released though...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Michael Vail

Thank you @rjen! I'm up and running with all RSS feeds working as expected! Thanks to all who contributed to this fix!

Mike

Michael Vail

Good evening all,

I'm replying to the older thread because it appears the same problem I originally posted has returned. One of my RSS feeds is displaying only an empty block. Two others work fine.

The broken feed is:

https://www.police1.com/law-enforcement-police-rss-feeds/news.xml

Updated code provided previously in this thread had temporarily fixed the problem but that too has now stopped working. I wanted to post this notice so that the Dev team was aware it broke again in hopes that it could be fixed before the next TP release. If someone has time to look at it, I'd appreciate it.

I hope everyone is doing ok in these crazy times.

Warmest,
Mike Vail 

tino

Quote from: Mike Vail on September 27, 2021, 05:10:03 AM
Good evening all,

I'm replying to the older thread because it appears the same problem I originally posted has returned. One of my RSS feeds is displaying only an empty block. Two others work fine.

The broken feed is:

https://www.police1.com/law-enforcement-police-rss-feeds/news.xml

Updated code provided previously in this thread had temporarily fixed the problem but that too has now stopped working. I wanted to post this notice so that the Dev team was aware it broke again in hopes that it could be fixed before the next TP release. If someone has time to look at it, I'd appreciate it.

I hope everyone is doing ok in these crazy times.

Warmest,
Mike Vail

That rss feed works fine for me. Are you sure it's not being blocked by their side as you have tried to access it too many times?

Michael Vail

I don't know why they would block my site. My site isn't busy enough to generate a level of traffic that would cause a feed to blocked. I even disabled the block for a few days and re-enabled it today. Still nothing. I don't get why it randomly just stopped working. I'm wondering is anyone would be willing to test the feed on their TP version 2.01 SMF 2.0.18 site?

Thank you,
Mike Vail

lurkalot

The only test site I have running TP 2.0.1 is on SMF 2.1 at the moment.  That feed works fine on there, it's at the bottom.  http://lts4.byethost7.com/testsite7/index.php

But saying thet, it always did work as you can see below, It's been running on there since we first tested it back in  April.  Though I have upgraded that site to TP 2.1.0

Quote from: lurkalot on April 13, 2021, 07:49:06 AM
Hi Mike.

Not sure what's happening on your site, but that feed works fine for me in TP 2.0.1 as you can hopefully see here, http://lts4.byethost7.com/testsite5/index.php

tino

Quote from: Mike Vail on September 28, 2021, 01:46:31 AM
I don't know why they would block my site. My site isn't busy enough to generate a level of traffic that would cause a feed to blocked. I even disabled the block for a few days and re-enabled it today. Still nothing. I don't get why it randomly just stopped working. I'm wondering is anyone would be willing to test the feed on their TP version 2.01 SMF 2.0.18 site?

Thank you,
Mike Vail

TinyPortal 2.1.0 is the latest version now, which has the fix discussed in this thread in it. Available to download here https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=item168

I have tested on that as it is the latest version we support and I don't have any issues, that was on SMF 2.0.18.

Michael Vail

Thank you guys! I completely missed that TP 2.1.0 had been released. I installed it and BOOM! the feed works! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND ALL YOUR SUPPORT TO THIS COMMUNITY!

Have a great week,
Mike Vail