TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 182
  • Total: 183
  • @rjen

Character bios below thumbnail image

Started by agent47, December 21, 2010, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent47

Ok I basically created a "heroes" folder in the root of my site and set this "/home/theinfo/public_html/superherocomics.tk/heroes" as my $imagepath to test it out. But image seems to be broken. I'm assuming it has something to do with my image path but that's pretty much what Admin panel > Configuration > Server Settings > Database and Paths gave me.

IchBin

Any time an image is missing you should right click on the image and choose properties. On the popup window for that image look at the path where it is looking for the image, and then compare it to your server path by trying to follow where it is looking. Without seeing your page I cannot tell you why it is missing.

agent47

Ok something's quite weird here as Chrome gives me a broken image whereas Firefox gives me the name of image in bold letters with no broken image or anything.

Here's a link to where I have used your code, please take a look and  tell me what may be wrong: http://www.superheroalliance.net/index.php?page=7

lurkalot

Quote from: IchBin on December 21, 2010, 09:02:04 PM

This code assumes you name the image the same as their character name, ie. Darkstar.jpg

agent47 , just a thought.  did you add  .jpg  to the end of each of your images file names?

agent47

Quote from: lurkalot on December 22, 2010, 09:13:05 AM
Quote from: IchBin on December 21, 2010, 09:02:04 PM

This code assumes you name the image the same as their character name, ie. Darkstar.jpg

agent47 , just a thought.  did you add  .jpg  to the end of each of your images file names?
Yes mate. The image is a jpg file which includes the extension in its name.

WillyP

The url in the source to your image is:http://www.superheroalliance.net/home/theinfo/public_html/superherocomics.tk/heroes/namora

There is no file extension.  Adding jpg to the url, I still can't find the image.

ZarPrime

I can't even find his site.  I have Norton DNS installed.  Maybe that's blocking me from seeing it.

ZarPrime

agent47

According to IchBin's code, the .jpg is automatically created and that's the reason you don't see it when u right click > inspect element.

@ZarPrime: I have been getting quite a few complaints that the site isn't accessible. I wonder what's wrong :(

WillyP

No, the jpg is appended in Ich's code.  You should see it in the source.  Something is re-writing the url, probably an .htacces, trying to prevent hot-linking or direct access to an image, which could contain malicious code.

ZarPrime

Quote from: agent47 on December 22, 2010, 01:32:33 PM
@ZarPrime: I have been getting quite a few complaints that the site isn't accessible. I wonder what's wrong :(

No idea but I can't get to it in either Chrome or Opera (latest versions of both).  I may try clearing my browser caches for both browsers in a little bit and try it again.

ZarPrime