Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

August 12, 2022, 03:06:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3842
  • Latest: Kokoro
Stats
  • Total Posts: 193479
  • Total Topics: 21088
  • Online today: 50
  • Online ever: 1035
  • (November 26, 2020, 04:45:12 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 41
Total: 41

Author Topic: Character bios below thumbnail image  (Read 13654 times)

Offline agent47

Re: Character bios below thumbnail image
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »
Ok I basically created a "heroes" folder in the root of my site and set this "/home/theinfo/public_html/superherocomics.tk/heroes" as my $imagepath to test it out. But image seems to be broken. I'm assuming it has something to do with my image path but that's pretty much what Admin panel > Configuration > Server Settings > Database and Paths gave me.

Offline IchBin

• Friends
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 05:37:26 PM »
Any time an image is missing you should right click on the image and choose properties. On the popup window for that image look at the path where it is looking for the image, and then compare it to your server path by trying to follow where it is looking. Without seeing your page I cannot tell you why it is missing.

Offline agent47

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 12:28:21 AM »
Ok something's quite weird here as Chrome gives me a broken image whereas Firefox gives me the name of image in bold letters with no broken image or anything.

Here's a link to where I have used your code, please take a look and  tell me what may be wrong: http://www.superheroalliance.net/index.php?page=7

Offline lurkalot

• Administrator
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 02:13:05 AM »

This code assumes you name the image the same as their character name, ie. Darkstar.jpg

agent47 , just a thought.  did you add  .jpg  to the end of each of your images file names?

Offline agent47

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 02:55:53 AM »

This code assumes you name the image the same as their character name, ie. Darkstar.jpg

agent47 , just a thought.  did you add  .jpg  to the end of each of your images file names?
Yes mate. The image is a jpg file which includes the extension in its name.

Offline WillyP

• Support Team
    • Planet Descent
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 06:15:25 AM »
The url in the source to your image is:
Code: [Select]
http://www.superheroalliance.net/home/theinfo/public_html/superherocomics.tk/heroes/namora
There is no file extension.  Adding jpg to the url, I still can't find the image.

Offline ZarPrime

• Friends
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 06:19:55 AM »
I can't even find his site.  I have Norton DNS installed.  Maybe that's blocking me from seeing it.

ZarPrime

Offline agent47

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 06:32:33 AM »
According to IchBin's code, the .jpg is automatically created and that's the reason you don't see it when u right click > inspect element.

@ZarPrime: I have been getting quite a few complaints that the site isn't accessible. I wonder what's wrong :(

Offline WillyP

• Support Team
    • Planet Descent
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 06:40:05 AM »
No, the jpg is appended in Ich's code.  You should see it in the source.  Something is re-writing the url, probably an .htacces, trying to prevent hot-linking or direct access to an image, which could contain malicious code.

Offline ZarPrime

• Friends
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 07:13:33 AM »
@ZarPrime: I have been getting quite a few complaints that the site isn't accessible. I wonder what's wrong :(

No idea but I can't get to it in either Chrome or Opera (latest versions of both).  I may try clearing my browser caches for both browsers in a little bit and try it again.

ZarPrime