TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:57:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 101
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 68
  • Total: 68

TP Shout Box Install Errors

Started by TOIDS, April 04, 2009, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOIDS

Bottom line up front:  I have spent at least 2 hours reading post and threads here, attempting to solve my problem.  If I am posting in the wrong place, please don't chastise!

URL:              www.southerncachers.us
SMF version:   1.1.8
TP version:      1.0 beta 3
Theme name and version: Luminance
Theme name and version: ImPulse
Mods installed:  Date_Registerd on post 1.0 
Mods installed:  Display Location on posts 1.0 
Mods installed:  TinyPortal 1.075 

Related Error message (1): When attempting to install Simple Shoutbox TP 1.0 I get the error message:
Language files could not be copied to Languages folder. Please check permissions.
Language folders for default, Classic, and Babylon themes have read/write permission.
Cannot chmod permissions for custom themes.

Despite the error message, the shout module shows as being installed, but does not display.

Related Error message (2): Clicking on TPShout Admin button results in the following error message:

Database Error
Table 'smf.smf_tp_shoutbox' doesn't exist
File: /var/www/vhosts/southerncachers.us/httpdocs/tp-files/tp-modules/TPShout/Sources/TPShout.php Line: 322

Obviously/apparently/possibly I have an install problem, however I do not have the proficiency to solve this one on my own.

Other info:  I have chmodded every file and folder under the sun.
                php on the server is NOT running in safe mode.
                Mods appear to install through package manager, but in fact no File modifications are made.  All mods on the site were installed manually (Including TinyPortal).  This is getting to be a REAL pain!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

G6Cad

Did you install the TP shoutbox module for starters ?

TOIDS

Quote from: G6 on April 04, 2009, 05:35:30 PM
Did you install the TP shoutbox module for starters ?

Yes (I think so)

From the admin page, I clicked on "Modules and Tabs" on the Tiny Portal Menu.

From there, clicked on "Uploaded Modules" and the following appeared:

TPShout
Version: 1.0                                 Install this Module?TP Version: 1.0
SMF version: 1.1.x
Author: Bloc
Query used: shout

I clicked on "Install this Module?" which yielded the error message:

Language files could not be copied to Languages folder. Please check permissions.
I checked, and the file TPShout.english.php was in the language folder for the default theme.  I manually placed a copy in the classic and Babylon language folders.

Soooo...  Is there more to installation than this?

G6Cad

Yes, a few more steps needs to be taken.

1. Creation of the TP Module block in your block administration.

2. Set up the options for how it should look, and where.

3. Save the block and check if it's there.

In your case though, i would run Shoutbox installer again and check so the db tables got added correctly.

TOIDS

I had the block set up previously, but it wouldn't display in the left panel.  I moved it to the right panel and now it displays, but includes the error message in the shout window:

"Table 'smf.smf_tp_shoutbox' doesn't exist
File: /var/www/vhosts/southerncachers.us/httpdocs/tp-files/tp-modules/TPShout/Sources/TPShout.php
Line: 428"

I am not sure what you mean by "run shoutbox installer again.  I went to "Uploaded Modules" and clicked on "Remove the module", then went back to "Uploaded Modules" and clicked on "install the module?" and again got the language error and the database error. 

Is there a way to manually execute the file "TPShout_install.php" ?

G6Cad

If you just uninstall and then install the shoutbox from the modules again, it usually fix the issues.

TOIDS

Quote from: G6 on April 04, 2009, 09:28:05 PM
If you just uninstall and then install the shoutbox from the modules again, it usually fix the issues.

So much for "Usually"

It didn't help a bit.

I think the bottom line is that the install is failing to create the tpshout table in the database.  If I look at my database, there is no shout table

rsbane

I have the same same problem :S
Is there any way to fix this manualy ? :o

Airborne328

I get the same language error and result.  The problem I see is the install. for the files the error say are affected DO NOT exist

QuoteFatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/testforum/tp-files/tp-modules/TPShout/Sources/TPShout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/testforum/Sources/TPmodules.php on line 139

Only file I have in TPShout is an "index.php"  NO other files

ERRR,  This is my 3rd SB I have tried installing.........

ZarPrime

rsbane and Airborne328,

Since this support topic was originally started by TOIDS, if you still need help with this issue, please start your own separate topics in the Support Board so that we can keep TOIDS' issues separate from your own.

For your first post in the new topic, Please Read and Follow the Posting Guidelines and give us the information requested at the bottom of that topic so that we will have all the information we need in order to help you.

ZarPrime