TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:32:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 193
  • Total: 193

Should I removed mods/T P befpre upgrading?

Started by mnichols7, September 21, 2006, 03:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnichols7

I have never installed a backup, would I just upload the files like I did the upgrade using my upload program?

I admit I am near tears with this, things were going so good on the forum before.

mnichols7

Well that doesn't work.  The files are there I can see them in my cpanel, all are set with permissions granted, should I delete the TP files?  I am at a lost at what I need to do to fixed this.

JPDeni

Let's start with just the files. Maybe the database is okay and you won't have to worry about it.

Here's what I would do. Delete everything to do with TP and SMF from your directory. Then do a full install of SMF RC2 -- the version you already had. (If it sees that there is already stuff in the database, it won't overwrite it.) Then install (through the package manager) TP.86. At this point, you should be back to where you were.

If things are working, uninstall TP, upgrade SMF through the package manager and upgrade TP through the package manager.

Cross your fingers.

If this doesn't work, then we'll need to look at the database backup, which I've never done before, so we'll have to walk through the steps together. :)

JPDeni

Another option just occurred to me. You could contact your web host and ask them to install the most recent backup they made of your files. Most hosts make backups at least once a day.

mnichols7

mnichols7

I am having my host to restore for me.  I am not attempting this again, I'll pay someone to do it for me.  :'(

G6Cad

When they have restored it, i can help you upgrade your forum and portal for you marion.
Send the accounts from your
FTP/Cpanel
Database
Admin login to your forum in a PM and i will make the upgrades for you.
No more tears and take a cup of tea and relax.

mnichols7

They want to know where my backup is stored, do they want the one that I have saved to my computer that I downloaded through the admin section of my forum?  And if so, how do I get it to them?  Should I create a file in my cpanel and upload to that?

Maybe, they do not have a backup to my site?  :-\

G6Cad

Yes, you can send them the file through your cpanel.
Just upload the file to a temp folder or similar, then give them the url to the folder.
EG: http://yourdomain.com/temp/database.rar or what you havenamed the file to.