TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:26:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 86
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86

Run SMF "repair_settings.php" to fix my problem?

Started by ken.kimbrell, September 14, 2006, 09:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

SMF 1.1 RC3

I've been reading through several threads for the last few days here on TP & on the SMF site and so far don't find a problem like this one in any of the posts, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.  :)
Maybe I'm just missing where ever the info is?

When trying to install TP 0.9.5 the Apply Mod screen shows the error;
Quote"10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed".
All of the others test successful.

So should I run the SMF repair_settings.php to fix this problem, or is something else wrong?

Thanks for any help... Ken

Installed mods:
  Mod Name Version 
1. TinyPortal 0.95 ... not applied yet
2. Gallery 2 Integration 1.0beta2   
3. Users Online Today Mod 1.3.1 
4. URL Popup 1.0 ... not applied yet
5. Award Mod 1.1   
6. Who Voted What? 1.1 
7. SMF Arcade 1.3.0-MOD-E1.3
8. Googlebot & Spiders Mod 2.0.0 
9. Karma Buttons 1.02   
10. Karma Description Mod 1.9.7-2   
11. LogModAccountEdits 1.6 
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

akulion

u need to do a manual modification to the smf files in that particular file (index.template.php) for your correct TP / SMF version

Please refer to Documentation On TP Modifications

**PS: please do not confuse index.php with index.template.php - they are completely different files.

pheasant_plucker

Just install it, it will work! I have had this error everytime I have installed it (several seperate forum installs)but it works perfectly everytime.

Gerry

IchBin

Yes but it won't work on the default theme if it fails.

To further explain what is happening: TP is looking for certain pieces of code to alter in each of those files. If you have other mods that have altered the code TP is looking for, your install test will fail on those files. So you must do as Akulion has posted. Manual modification...

Ken.

OK, so this is the section you are talking about??? "$themedir/index.template.php"

And... doing all of the changes is the section??? All the way down untill you reach " $boarddir/Themes/babylon/index.template.php"

Sorry for sounding kind of thick, but I've only been doing this for a few weeks and don't want to trash my forum.  :P

Thanks for the help... Ken
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

akulion

Yes that is the section.

It is better you get used to file modifications

when I started out with SMF I was very uncomfortable with changing files around.

But once you are used to it, its not that bad.

Just remember the golden rule: Make a backup!

when you download your index.template.php file put a copy of it in a folder called backup - and if things get bad, no problem, you can upload the old one and you are back where you started.

So dont worry and just get used to it - because in smf you will encounter a lot of file modifications as you add more and more mods etc - especially since a heavily modded board has a high probablity of having code conflicts when installing

Ken.

Quote from: akulion on September 14, 2006, 10:55:03 PM
Yes that is the section.

It is better you get used to file modifications

when I started out with SMF I was very uncomfortable with changing files around.

But once you are used to it, its not that bad.

Just remember the golden rule: Make a backup!

when you download your index.template.php file put a copy of it in a folder called backup - and if things get bad, no problem, you can upload the old one and you are back where you started.

So dont worry and just get used to it - because in smf you will encounter a lot of file modifications as you add more and more mods etc

Been there on the backup thing... still go there sometimes. ;)
I've made a backup copy & a working copy and there’s the live one on the site of course, always handy to have at least three copies so that you have to try really hard to screw things upâ€Ã,¦ but I still manage now and then.

Thanks... Ken

akulion

ur welcome

i always try and keep a copy of all the theme files on my PC

that way when i install a new mod I simply have to modify the files on my PC and upload one by one until they are all updated

its handy to have many backups lol

Ken.

Well that was fun! :)

Something is missing, because it throws an error page as below:
QuoteTemplate Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

And, it displays this code:

Edit: I fixed the code in this box so that it looks the same as that which was displayed on the error page...ken

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ECHO in .../Themes/default/index.template.php on line 360

351: </table>';
352:
353: ';
354: // TinyPortal
355:        }
356: //  end
357: echo '
358:
359:
360: echo '
361: <table id="upshrinkHeader2"', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '' : ' style="display: none;"', ' width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" border="0">
362: <tr>';
363:
364: // Show a random news item? (or you could pick one from news_lines...)