TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:23:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Just not sure on design

Started by christicehurst, November 12, 2006, 12:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christicehurst

I've been working on a forum site for my team the Brisbane Lions (www.lions.com.au) If you look at their site it shows their colours of maroon, blue and gold.

The forum site at www.brisbanelions.writersmuster.com has been the testing place for Lions United, soon to be released site for the 2007 season.

I'm not a good coder, well not a coder at all but I'm still unsure about the design of it. Any pointers or help would be great. Even a suggestion to create a theme from start, however I can't do that!

Comment away...

Nokonium

The theme that you have is a good looking one, all that you probably need to do is change some of the colours. The way I would do this is with a photo editing program If you take a screenshot (printscreen and paste it into a new image file in say Photoshop) you have the source colours. If you use a colour picker tool and then look at the look at the hexadecimal colour number, find where that number is in the style.css file and change it to the colour number that you want, say something like #3F5E97 (a blue from their shirts) instead of the dark green and save the file to say a workshop folder. If you then open an ftp connection to the site and navigate to the theme folder you can replace the existing one with your one and see what the effect is, as long as you keep an unchanged copy of the style.css file the worst that you can do is give up and reload the original style sheet and it is back to how you started.