TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:50:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 211
  • Total: 212
  • illori

How to get rid of "Related" window?

Started by Kerry, August 24, 2013, 10:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Guys, thanks for putting me straight on this one.  I'd completely forgotten about the global tag options in settings, as I always have them turned off.  :-[

@ Kerry.  Sorry for leading you in the wrong direction, please checkout the info ZarPrime and IchBin™ posted above, I'm sure that'll get you the result you need.  O0

Kerry

Thanks lurkalot, I too discovered something.

BTW: Both of those options were already selected "No" and the Related window is still there.

lurkalot

Well, I had a good poke around in your admin settings and TP settings and found nothing.  It's only a couple of boards that show this recent panel though.

So give us a bit of background on your forum please, . 

1: Have you had other mods installed at some point, and then removed them?
2: Have you upgraded from a different version of SMF 1.1.x for example? 
3: Why did you install a old RC version of Tinyportal?

Any other info you can give to help us, help you.  ;)

Kerry

The /csgforum/ is a new installation begun (but not used) about a year ago and updated to smf 2.0.5 recently. I've only used two mods, Tinyportal 1.105 and Nice Tooltips 1.8 (NiceTooltips doesn't appear to be working on this install but it does work on our other smf forum).

I recently upgraded from smf 2.0.4 to smf 2.0.5.

Re: "Why did you install a old RC version of Tinyportal?" In SMF > Packages it shows that I have Tinyportal 1.105.

lurkalot

Quote from: Kerry on August 25, 2013, 10:45:41 PM

Re: "Why did you install a old RC version of Tinyportal?" In SMF > Packages it shows that I have Tinyportal 1.105.

Kerry, it's a strange problem you're having on there, but just to make things clear, the version of TP you have is 1.0 RC3.(internal version 1.105) 

Actually I see now you've upgraded to TinyPortal 1.0 Final (internal version 1.107)  Things any better?     

Kerry

Hi lurkalot,

Yes, I created a new database and installed a new board and all appears to be OK. Thanks so much for your help.

I don't see the Calendar block in TP 1.107. I believe it was included several versions ago.

Any Idea what happening with the html at the bottom of  each page http://www.comcom121.org/csgforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=12953cce2bbe83458c645816b1ec8364&action=forum. It was OK and then I installed TP and its version info overwrites smf's version info (see attachment)

Kerry

lurkalot

Kerry, glad you sorted it.  Where that code came from is beyond me.  lol  I was going to suggest removing those two board category's and putting them up again just to see if it went away.  But you've gone one step better and have a completely fresh setup.  O0.. 

As for the footer overlap problem, try using a different theme instead of core perhaps, as that's so old fashioned now. or, remember this thread, http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=34624.0  You were given the fix for it there.  ;)

Kerry

QuoteAs for the footer overlap problem, try using a different theme instead of core perhaps, as that's so old fashioned now. or, remember this thread, http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=34624.0  You were given the fix for it there.
Thanks, forgot about that. It works.

Any ideas about the missing calendar block? Was that a hack or a block that is no longer included? Disregard, I found it.

Kerry

Update to all:

Thanks so much for your exemplary support. All's well. New db with new install of smf 2.0.5, TP working with calendar (see forum). Happy camper here.

With aloha,

Kerry

Oops, spoke too soon. The calendar displays correctly with FF but all the days don't display without scrolling horizontally using IE10

Also, I just noticed that the mod, "Hide Info Center from Guests" isn't working.