TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:07:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 264
  • Total: 265
  • lurkalot

Be thankful for SMF & TP & the Free Themes

Started by akulion, February 21, 2007, 02:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjnova

Just wanted to say a thank you, as I am sure the site gets a lot more downloads than it does Thank Yous.

Arkanthos

It's a good thing for people to keep in mind when they visit this site for support, not a single person here is being paid for their time. Quite a few of us have worked in support fields, consulting, or some other professional aid field, where the help you provide equates to anywhere from $60 an hour to $500 an hour, just to help people with their problems.

There is one other benefit to this site that you don't get anywhere else, the people who are actually coding and creating the software, are the people giving support and help with it. Nowhere will you find better experts than that, and they are experts in what they do, so when they ask you for more information about your problem, it's not that they think you're a retard, or that you're making it up, it's that they most likely know several things that could be causing your problem, and need more information to target you to a solution, or at the very least find a cause for it.

I know that there will be a lot of people that aren't reading this post, but I really believe everyone should read through a thread like this, because it brings to a point exactly what makes this community, and more specifically it's foundation, so unique. The creators of the software want to see it succeed, and know that the only way that will happen is if they help people get the most out of it they can. So use TP, stretch it, expand it, keep everyone yearning to add and expand it, because in time this mod has only gotten better and better. So lets keep that trend going :)

G6Cad

This thread got me thinking a lot  ::)

Im avaliable for 50$ to upgrade any site to the latest software on SMF and TP, 10$ extra for any other mods that you want installed after the upgrade, and 5$ for any other theme then the default.
And im still underpaid giving it according to the other posts i read in this thread  :o

mnichols7

;) You know G6, Carina, I am going to take you up on that. It will be in about amonth though, gotta wait for funds.  :)

Skyview

Quote from: â„¢daC6G on February 26, 2007, 07:49:58 PM
This thread got me thinking a lot  ::)

Im avaliable for 50$ to upgrade any site to the latest software on SMF and TP, 10$ extra for any other mods that you want installed after the upgrade, and 5$ for any other theme then the default.
And im still underpaid giving it according to the other posts i read in this thread  :o

Actually, I could use some help. I have TP 0971 installed on an SMF 1.1.2 forum. I am using Oxygen for TP and have applied a few mods to it just fine. I recently applied the Staff Page, Links, and Gallery, but unfortunately they only apply to the default theme. I found the gallery button that was done, but need to get STAFF and LINKS buttons for the main menu bar and then get them integrated into the Oxygen TP theme and get all of the files updated to make the right calls, etc. Are you a good person to do something like that? I saw a post somewhere about how to retrofit another theme with mods, but I am thinking it might be wise to get someone who really knows what they are doing take care of it.

vanguard

You just knew it would turn into a help thread lol.

Thank you all for a great, great, application with kick *** support.

IchBin

Yes, thanks for hijacking this thread Skyview lol. You're welcome Vanguard.

Skyview

Quote from: â„¢NibHcI on February 28, 2007, 02:28:23 PM
Yes, thanks for hijacking this thread Skyview lol. You're welcome Vanguard.

Oops! Sorry...  >:D The more I think about what I stated above, the more it worries me to get these done regardless of who does them. I've been trying really hard to keep all of my mods as just that, packages I can install or remove, and with the exception of a couple of stylesheet changes I've done that. If these are done though, I can see it being a real headache when SMF and TP keep evolving and need to be upgraded  :-\