TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:06:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 180
  • Total: 180

PHP coder required to build front end for DB [paid]

Started by akulion, December 23, 2006, 03:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akulion

Hi,

I need someone experienced with PHP to build a front end for a Database.

The database is already ready in MYSQL, it just needs the following functions so that it can work. The current DB structure is divided into Chapters - to each chapter belong Verses

The functions required are:

- Search functionality

- Search functionality should also include the ability to display a specific chapter/verse if called on by a direct reference such as 2:11 it would display chapter 2 verse 11

- Chapter by chapter index so that users can select which chapter

- Chapter by Chapter display with pagination for larger chapters

- Email this verse / chapter functionality

- Print normally AND printer friendly output functionality

- Attractive display of output in table layout

- The database uses both English as well as Arabic, so the display would need to accommodate for both.

- Random Quote from DB displayed in both languages

- A simple password protected admin interface allowing the admin to put the script online / offline, edit verses - and thats all.

- things to keep into consideration are that the DB is pretty big having 114 chapters with over 6500 verses and over 70000 words, so all queries in the php should not be tiresomely long as to cause database over load or slow results

------------------------------

- There is a time limit on this project, it should be ready anytime before the beginning of February

- I can pay up to US$60 for this project so anyone interested should contact me via PM

- After the script is completed it will be released to the general public as a free script, but copyright notices will include credits to my homepage under terms of usage agreement.

Aku

akulion

Oh, and I forgot to mention the script should also have an installer which will create the required database tables and insert the data into them when run.

eldacar

This is for the Qur'an? I'm sure there are already online versions you could query instead.

akulion

Yup it for that I checked online I found one for PHP Nuke and tried to port it over with no luck, do you know of any?

eldacar

I don't know of any personally. It would depend if you absolutely need to have it on your own domain.

akulion

Well the one for PHP Nuke is available for Joomla as well
However my attempts at converting the PHP of it over failed.

After much studying I did manage to get a "search function" and a display function done (without pagination) But I wasn't too happy with it since it wasn't too refined to be honest.

The reason why I want this developed is mainly cos 1) I want to replace the HTML based Quran I have on my site with a cool searchable one - and also 2) I want to make it available to everyone and anyone who wishes to use it on their pages may it be TP, joomla, phpnuke or whatever