TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 171
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 167
  • Total: 167

Error Log Filled with Shoutbox Errors from TP 2.3.0 after Upgrade from TP 2.2.2

Started by Michael Vail, February 10, 2023, 08:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Vail

Link to my forum: http://sonomacountydsa.org/forums/
SMF version: 2.1.3
TP version: TP ver. 2.3.0
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Default Curve
Browser Name and Version: Any
Mods installed: Will Provide if needed
Related Error messages: See Attached

A few days ago I upgraded three SMF 2.1.3 forums running Tinyportal from TP 2.2.2 to TP 2.3.0. The error log from one of the sites fills with 1000s of TPShout errors every day but everything seems to work. I uninstalled TP 2.3.0 from the site. Redownloaded th package and tried to reinstall it but there was no change.

I've attached an image showing the 6 recurring TPShout errors that keep getting logged. I couldnt fit all the errors on one page swithout shinking the page. You'll need to scroll it in your browser to see it better. If someone has time, I'd appreciate some ideas on how to resolve the errors.

Thank you!
Mike

@rjen

It is caused by users that have the old TPShout Java script in their browser cache. It will stop once they have refreshed their browser cache or over time when the cache expires... nothing we can fix now...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Michael Vail

Michael Vail

Question,

I run 3 SMF forum websites and only one has TP Shout errors in its log. The other sites' logs are totally clean without a single TPshout error ever. I don't understand why one of the sites has 20k TPShout errors per week and the others have absolutely none. Something doesn't add up.

Thanks...

Michael Vail

Ok, just a follow-up to this in case anyone reads it. For almost 3 weeks, one of my 3 SMF sites running TP 2.3.0 has been producing hundreds of errors each day. The others not a single error, since being upgraded.

Today I cleared the log of over 50k TP errors. Today, all the errors on the site completely stopped. How random!

Anyway, just wanted to close the loop on this in case anyone cared.

Take it easy.