TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 101
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 101

help please

Started by ManiacHDIC, August 17, 2009, 06:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManiacHDIC

I am using SMF 1.1.10  I downloaded   TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3   it gave me an error when trying to install it  - When I refreshed  somehow it installed it  now  I get  this error  Unable to load the 'main' template. and my whole forum has disappeared !  :     :tickedoff:    this is when I just pull the forum address up into my browser .
If I log in  i can see my forum  but  if I click any button such as administration  I get   
Fatal error: Call to undefined function tp_addperms()

please someone help me fix this  so i did not lose hours of work   

thank  you  please  :(

Ken.

Hello ManiacHDIC, welcome to TinyPortal... sorry that you are having an install issue.

Sounds like you need to do a manual install because not all file edits were made when TP was applied to your SMF forum.

The manual install process is not difficult, just be sure to carefully follow the directions.
How do I manually install TinyPortal

EDIT: Also, if you give us the details called for in the posting guidelines it will be easier for us to help.
Please read the Posting Guidelines.html
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

ManiacHDIC

understood and  thank you -  how do I do  a  UNINSTALL  ?  as I cannot go to anything except viewing the forum without getting  a '' fatal error''  or  is uninstall Unnecessary  as long as I manually install ?

Ken.

At this point it may actually be easier to do the manual install to complete the process that you've already started, but there is a how-to for doing an uninstall if that's the way you want to go.
You should note that not all the edits will be found in your files because some of them are missing, thus your current page errors.
These two pages in the TP Docs should help should you decide to uninstall TP.
http://docs.tinyportal.co.uk/index.php/topic,114.html
http://docs.tinyportal.co.uk/index.php/topic,146.html
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

IchBin

If you can't uninstall from the package manager, the removal process is same as the manual installation process, only in reverse order. :)