TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 99
  • Total: 99

DB error and can not log in

Started by cactusgoo, December 13, 2008, 02:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusgoo

I am getting the following error and can not log in:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() in /home/content/s/h/a/shangrilacoop/html/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 424

I suspect Godaddy made a change to their sever and asked them to look into it and they said they didn't change anything.

IchBin

Looks like you're using a TP theme on a regular SMF install (without TP). You should get the right version of the theme if you're not using TP.

cactusgoo

TP and SMF were installed by TP paid support in July of 2007.  I have not made any changes to it.

Now I can't access the site.  Is it possible the host provider Godaddy has made some changes to the server?

I am willing to pay support to fix it.

G6Cad

SQL Server gone away and if you dont have made any changes, added any mods or installed some script to your files, then i would say it's soemthing with the host yes.

Contact them and ask them to troubble shoot the error and see what they can find out.

cactusgoo

I have contacted them twice and both times they say there is nothing they can do.

That is why I am willing to pay TP support to reload or move the site to another provider.

G6Cad

Set everything back to defaults.
Default Core Theme, Default english language and download the repair_settings.php from SMF and execute the file from your browser after you uploaded it to your forum root.

And if that doesent help you, ask the host what they have changed, they must know whats been updated on the server, or look for another host if they cant help you. Im not so happy with how godaddy does with their clients, but i can say it's not the first time they do nothing for their clients with issues.

IchBin

If you'd like you can PM me and I will take a look at your site. Will need FTP access, Admin account on the forum, and possibly access to your phpmyadmin or whatever it is you use to access your database stuff with.

IchBin

Hmm.... Well, it looks like everything is working fine for me now. After looking at your site, I noticed you were a few versions behind on SMF. Because there have been security fixes and some other bugs fixed since 1.1.5, I've updated your SMF install to the latest 1.1.7. Hope you don't mind. :) TinyPortal mod seemed to not be installed properly. Deleted all the unused packages from your installed packages  page, uploaded TinyPortal again and installed. Looks like everything is working fine now. Let me know if you need anything else. That only took me about 10 minutes max to fix that. So don't worry about payment, unless I need to come back and do more work for you.

cactusgoo

I appreciate the effort unfortunately I am still getting an error.  This one now says:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator. 

G6Cad

If you have PHPMyadim, logg in and do a db repair and see if it helps

IchBin

Where are you getting this error? I'm not getting it at all when browsing your site. Any particular place that you're getting it? Or do you just get it everywhere?

cactusgoo

When I go to the home page.  I can't log in.

IchBin

Strange it wasn't showing for me earlier, but it is now.

It looks like godaddy has made a change to your user and/or database. I've put a script on your site to test the database connection. It fails every time saying your database user does not have access. I will PM you a link to this script so that you can show the Godaddy idiots that its not working.

cactusgoo

I've ased godaddy to restart or refresh the server, but so far they've been unresponsive.  Any additional "proof" I can get would be great.

IchBin

The only Additional information I would add, is that the user/pass that you're using in your Settings.php file for your forum are not able to login to their phpMyAdmin server. To me, it is obvious that the username/password that they have given you are not working properly.