TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:11:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 133
  • Total: 134
  • tino

Article catagory page display

Started by dataspiller, October 01, 2008, 05:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dataspiller

I was wondering if there is a way to keep the category page in the articles section to only display the title and a brief description, instead of the entire article for PHP articles.

For normal html articles, you can have a preview display instead of the full article, where as the php doesn't have that option.

Also, is there a page that will just display the categories?

What I'm looking for is a way to create a link to a page that lists the categories, then clicking the category name takes you to a list of articles in that category.

From what I have seen all you can do is link to a specific category or article.

If not, which files control the article system?

Thanks,

Data

Ianedres

There is the category menu, which may or may not fit your needs at this time.

One way is to make a HTML page with hard-coded links to your categories. It isn't dynamic, meaning that you will have to manually update the HTML as you add them to TP.

You can append '?cat=xxx' to your forum's URL to provide a link to display the articles in the category. Just make xxx equal whatever category number you want- and you find the number in the TP admin/Articles menu by placing the mouse over your category headings.

As a shameless plug, you can try my last block code snippet as a possible solution. The latest version of the code is posted here: http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php/topic,26124.msg209529.html#msg209529

dataspiller

ok, thanks - Probably what I'll do is just add a custom action and write basically a home page for the article section.

I'll take a look at the block :D

Data