TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:19:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 146
  • Total: 147
  • tino

EasyPHP 2

Started by borgBOB, February 01, 2006, 04:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwinsX2Dad

Quote from: Ray on March 23, 2006, 07:41:23 PM
Been lucky then so far -- never been hacked

The chances of being hacked are inversely proportionate to how well you treat others.

Do good people get hacked? Of course they do - but not nearly as often as the troublemakers.

Your blessings have nothing to do with luck, Ray.

Blue Steel

If your site gets too good and popular.. then you also get attacked by unscrupulous similar site owners who are jealous that you're pinching their clients.. (in other words your damed either way..) its a fact of life when running a server or site.. you are going to be hacked / attacked at some time.. just be ready for it and have appropriate measures and backups in place for when it does happen)

Bug

Another great one is XAMPP produced by 'ApacheFriends' http://www.apachefriends.org/en/index.html

I've found it really good for me in the past. At the moment, I'm only using it for local stuff, testing before it goes on the net.

Quote from ApacheFriends website:
QuoteXAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and to use - just download, extract and start.

At the moment there are four XAMPP versions:

a version for Linux systems (tested for Ubuntu, SuSE, RedHat, Mandrake and Debian),
a version for Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003 and XP,
a beta version for Solaris SPARC (developed and tested under Solaris 8 ),
and a beta version for Mac OS X.

JayBachatero

In Windows I installe Apache, PHP, and MySQL separate and in my Ubuntu side I'm using XAMPP since setting them up alone was a pain in the a** in Ubuntu.

borgBOB

Hey Guys. EasyPHP is not a live server. It is a local server for testing and developement only. Please start a different thread if you wish to discuss live server programs.

JayBachatero

XAMPP is for testing and Development also ;)