TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 118
  • Total: 118

Articles problem

Started by Skb, January 10, 2019, 07:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

Quote from: Skb on January 11, 2019, 01:14:19 PM

I think you are seized of the problem and will get to the bottom of the anomaly.

Yes it is a issue which doesnt occur on a default install. So I would look at your other mods and see if any match what @rjen has.

lurkalot

Quote from: lurkalot on January 10, 2019, 11:24:59 PM

What I have noticed also in 2.1 is the lower blocks still show below a article, even though they are told not to show on that article. All other blocks respect the given settings. Confirmation required on this one please. It might be me.

Ok, raised issue on GH for this one, as it not related to this particular issue.

tino

Quote from: lurkalot on January 11, 2019, 06:45:45 PM

What I have noticed also in 2.1 is the lower blocks still show below a article, even though they are told not to show on that article. All other blocks respect the given settings. Confirmation required on this one please. It might be me.

Ok, raised issue on GH for this one, as it not related to this particular issue.

Confirmed, I think that has been there a while. Was a subtle bug and took me a while to find!

@rjen

Ok, I found the cause for the linktree issue in 2.0. The cause in my forum is Optimus. After uninstalling that the linktree is actually not showing anymore, as it is supposed to be.

Further testing reveals that is is caused by the 'Portal Integration' setting.

As soon as I set this to 'TinyPortal' the linktree does not disappear anymore...

So it is indeed not a TP issue, but caused by the MOD. Are you using the same MOD SKB? If so, try switching off the 'Portal Integration' in the Homepage settings for Optimus...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on January 11, 2019, 08:17:38 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on January 11, 2019, 06:45:45 PM

Confirmed, I think that has been there a while. Was a subtle bug and took me a while to find!

Thank you tino, seems fine now, just tested on 2.1 and 2.0.15

Lower blocks now don't show when told not to.  And Linktree disappears when turned off in both 2.1 and 2.0.15

Nice job.  O0

Skb

Quote from: @rjen on January 11, 2019, 09:51:10 PM
Ok, I found the cause for the linktree issue in 2.0. The cause in my forum is Optimus. After uninstalling that the linktree is actually not showing anymore, as it is supposed to be.

Further testing reveals that is is caused by the 'Portal Integration' setting.

As soon as I set this to 'TinyPortal' the linktree does not disappear anymore...

So it is indeed not a TP issue, but caused by the MOD. Are you using the same MOD SKB? If so, try switching off the 'Portal Integration' in the Homepage settings for Optimus...

Yes I do have Optimus Brave installed. But the Portal Integration is already set to Tinyportal. I will play around with the settings some more and revert. Should I post this issue in the mod's thread over at SMF?

SMF 2.1 RC4 (default theme) / TP 2.1.0

Skb

Quote from: Skb on January 11, 2019, 01:14:19 PM
My problem is if I choose display the linktree, it gives the whole tree, with a link to the Category of Articles, and if that is clicked, all of the Articles are displayed all at once one on top of the other, which I don't want.

I found a workaround / solution for this. In the Category Settings there is a setting to Display No. of Articles on a Page which I now set to 1. At least, now if Category is clicked it displays only 1 Article. Always the first article, but I can live with that, since at the bottom of each Article I've inserted a link to the Home Page.

@rjen

Quote from: Skb on January 12, 2019, 03:10:43 AM
Yes I do have Optimus Brave installed. But the Portal Integration is already set to Tinyportal. I will play around with the settings some more and revert. Should I post this issue in the mod's thread over at SMF?

If you want if fixed in OPtimus, that's the only way. I noticed that the problem goes away if I ' deactivate'  the Portal Integration setting in Optimus: you could do that:

I am not 100% sure what this ' Portal Integration' setting in Optimus is actually doing for the forum: it seems the only function is to override the Page Title of the Home page to make it different from the Index page. But actually that function is already available in TinyPortal settings: if you set the page title under General settings in Tinyportal: " Use a custom browser tab title for your Frontpage:" (not sure if that setting was already available in TP1.5.0, but is is in 1.6.1)...

So deactivate forum integration in Optimus and set the desired home page title in TP and you have the same result...

@rjen

Just found this note in the Optimus support thread at SMF: it confirms my understanding of the function...

Quote from: Bugo on May 13, 2018, 08:23:23 PM
"Portal support" just means that Optimus can change page titles and/or $context['canonical_url'] on portal frontpages.
I didn't use the last versions of EZ Portal, so I don't know how it works, what is changed, etc.

Skb

Quote from: @rjen on January 12, 2019, 07:56:18 AM
If you want if fixed in OPtimus, that's the only way. I noticed that the problem goes away if I ' deactivate'  the Portal Integration setting in Optimus: you could do that:

I did that and it made no difference. I'm sticking with displaying only 1 Article under the Category link. At the bottom of the Article are the Page numbers so other articles can be accessed from there. Till a solution comes up I'll stick to this arrangement. Thanks all, for everything.