TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 118
  • Total: 119
  • @rjen

TP Block questions

Started by darkangel, March 06, 2022, 07:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkangel

Link to my forum: https://www.thefantasiesattic.net/attic/
SMF version: 2.0.18
TP version: TP ver. 2.0.0
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: various ones but same on all
Browser Name and Version: Firefox 97.02, Latest version for these: Waterfox and Safari and Chrome
Mods installed: Various but same with non installed
Related Error messages: n/a

I am not sure if this is something new with the portal now or if there is a fluke running amok in my installation. As stated above it is the same with or w/o mods installed.

I did have to remake several blocks cause they seemed to have lost their minds and not looked right, no biggie. However: The blocks for BBC are showing the editor stuff above where to add your text but if I choose to have it use HTML there is not a single thing above, I have to write it in a text editor then copy-paste the stuff into the box.

Is there no way to show the HTML editor anymore? I do not have WYSIWYG turned off.

I used to be able to also add the HTML coding in the title bars for a color change to the text vs the actual .css file since I wanted some titles to stand out but not happening anymore.

Is there a setting I missed in admin?
Fantasies Realm  | Fantasy Attic

SMF 2.0.15 | TP 1.2 | many mod addons | variety of themes

tino

I noticed this in the Elkarte version recently, I couldn't find a version of TinyPortal which had the html editor for blocks so I just moved on to fixing bugs.

So I don't think it ever had one? Unless it got lost a long time ago...

@rjen

I seem to recall that we decided to drop the Wysiwyg for blocks quite while ago. Reason being that blok editors are usally able to write html...

But maybe I am wrong...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on March 06, 2022, 08:54:26 PM
I seem to recall that we decided to drop the Wysiwyg for blocks quite while ago. Reason being that blok editors are usally able to write html...

But maybe I am wrong...

You are right, think this post is relevant  https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=36019.msg292132#msg292132

tino

Or that... so since I started working on TinyPortal it's been removed. Although it was by me.

Logically it makes sense why I did, and I'd say for what you'd use the block for in most instances it's better to not have one.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on March 06, 2022, 09:07:11 PM
Or that... so since I started working on TinyPortal it's been removed. Although it was by me.

Logically it makes sense why I did, and I'd say for what you'd use the block for in most instances it's better to not have one.

I hated the HTML editors and always turned them off anyway. So I haven't missed it.

darkangel

Sorry for such a late answer but I don't seem to get notifications anymore. I miss the HTML editor part but I also write it in HTML in the block. The rotten thing is whether BBC or HTML the break code will not stay put. Writing it twice will slip to a single space vs the double-space it should be...no biggie I just tell it off and fix it till it stops.
It works just fine otherwise for my needs. Thanks.
Fantasies Realm  | Fantasy Attic

SMF 2.0.15 | TP 1.2 | many mod addons | variety of themes