TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:56:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 210
  • Total: 210

Error during update from 1.2 to 1.6.9 and wrong order of articles

Started by phantomm, August 05, 2021, 07:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantomm

Hi
is there any issue with direct update from 1.2 to 1.6.9? I uninstalled 1.2 then when I go to install 1.6.9 I get white page with message please install a version of TinyPortal greater than or equal to 2.0.0. I don't want to update to 2.0 because there is no updated lang file for now (AFAIK).

and is it normal that articles on frontpage are in different order after installing again 1.2? I had of course DB backup so I was able to quickly fix that but for future - would it be possible to save articles order after update?

Link to my forum: forum wszystkookawie pl
SMF version: 2.0.18
TP version: 1.2
Default Forum Language: Polish
Theme name and version: Default variation
Browser Name and Version: Latest Chrome

@rjen

That's not right.

Can you verify in the database what value is set in table tp_settings for VERSION?
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Just realized we have seen this before with upgrades from versions prior to 1.6.3

The work-around is to upgrade in two steps:

first go from TP version 1.2 to TP version 1.6.7,
then you can install TP version 1.6.9 without issue

Just remember to uninstall (without removing data!) each time...

phantomm

You are correct - installing first update 1.6.7 and then 1.6.9 seems to work :)

There were few problems after that - one is most likely that users choosed wrong type of article (PHP instead of BBC) and it caused syntax errors (but only after update, on earlier versions it was ignored) - that was easily fixable by editing article type.

Second issue was that during update, somehow, TP added "Featured" mark to one (and only one) article. It was annoying that after update this article was on top and it was oldest one. I didn't knew that featured articles was TP function ::) Now I know..

Thanks for help :)

For future - there shouldn't be any issues with direct update to 2.1.0 ? Or should I go "update after update"?

@rjen

No, there are no such issue with TP 2.x: you can update directly from any TinyPortal version (even the very old ones) as long as you first uninstall the previous version.