TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:13:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 233
  • Total: 233

Elkarte TinyPortal Testing

Started by tino, January 05, 2021, 01:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McFly

The misbehavior occurs with the design unchanged. The interesting thing about it is, for example, the deviating name of a block is saved or also for which actions the block should be displayed, but not for which language. But with activated language no blocks are displayed at all.
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."

Testsites (may be online or not ;-) )
ElkArte 1.1.x & TP on Apache2.4.48, PHP 8.1.2 FPM/FastCGI, MariaDB 10.5.12

tino

Quote from: McFly on March 18, 2022, 02:02:08 PM
The misbehavior occurs with the design unchanged. The interesting thing about it is, for example, the deviating name of a block is saved or also for which actions the block should be displayed, but not for which language. But with activated language no blocks are displayed at all.

I don't get the same issue you do, I can activate the language option and it will happily allow me to choose those settings for the User or Recent Blocks

McFly

Picking the options is also not so much the issue, I can do that too. It's just that as soon as the visibility for language is activated, the blocks are no longer displayed at all.If I then display the settings in the administration, the above-mentioned hooks ("tptitle settings") are no longer set. The hooks for the language settings are displayed there and also the field for entering the different name of the block and I can also activate or deactivate all hooks, but apart from the name only the settings below the selection options for the language are saved. Even deleting a block and creating it again does not solve the problem.  :-\

However, only with PHP7.4. Under PHP8, the warning "Undefined variable $value" remains and after disabling the visibility for language, the blocks are also visible again unchanged.
"/index.php?action=admin;area=tpblocks;sa=updateblock;id=2"
"/TinyPortal/Controller/BlockAdmin.php" line 470

tino

I don't think you have the code with that fix in it. As I changed that line from value to a v (from memory)

https://github.com/tinoest/ElkTinyPortal/blob/4e89a31d82de59fe03872f24b8e6d9678afabcd4/TinyPortal/Controller/BlockAdmin.php#L470

So my first guess is your base code isn't the same as mine (GitHub latest)

If you enable the language option then the blocks won't show until you enable them for that language. This works correctly ( I think ) for me now. I can also have a different title depending on the language. The style settings should work also although I know the styling needs to be looked at.

McFly

Sorry for the troubles. I'm a honk after all ...  :2funny:

Look for a week in the wrong repository, where only the changes for "CSS" and "BlockAdmin" are shown.  :uglystupid2:

Just updated the PHP8 test installation. Works!
PHP7.4 too.

McFly

However, on the pages with the block settings of the individual blocks ("index.php?action=admin;area=tpblocks&sa=editblock&id=X") the "footer" has now slipped into the "wrapper". In both installations.

tino

I think that must of always been the case, as I've not changed the html. Well in a while.

I'll work out where the missing div is as that's mostly likely what is causing the issue. It's not being closed properly somewhere.

McFly

Am curious by nature and found a <p class "clearthefloat"> unnecessary with today's CSS possibilities. But that should not be the problem here now. Much rather the following in the shout block, line 47 (so also for the SMF version?):

Quote<a style="color:#FF0000;" href="http://192.168.0.70/SMF2.1/index.php?action=profile;u=1">admin</a>: <span style="color:#000">Another one</span>

Really?

Furthermore: Please use "style=" exclusively when it comes to variables that are only defined in the settings and not in the CSS. Pixel width of the panels for example. This makes it much easier to adjust the appearance with different themes.

@rjen

Please take note that the templates for the Elk version have the same origin als the SMF version. So there is a LOT of legacy in there.

And the SMF version is still supporting the 2.0 branche ...

There is a lot of cleanup that can be done..( you don't know how Much in-line styles I removed over the last few versions)

For the SMF branche this will probably have to wait till we drop 2.0 support. Feel free to contribute on the Elk branche. We can use the help...

As for the ip address, what is the question? I am assuming you are running a local install?

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

The IP address is hard coded by me when I was playing with adding a shout box in the Elkarte version, so test code.

That's one of my test IP's, I don't think you can chose a shoutbox for Elkarte yet.