TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:36:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 184
  • Total: 184

Elkarte TinyPortal Testing

Started by tino, January 05, 2021, 01:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

Quote from: McFly on March 03, 2022, 09:47:19 AM
But other inputs for language control are NOT displayed in the settings of the blocks.

Not sure I follow what you are trying to say?

tino

Quote from: McFly on March 04, 2022, 10:25:42 AM
Don't call me a programmer. This is just the result of copy & paste and trail & error! I can't say if this is all correct from a security point of view, or which code is possibly unnecessary.

Calendar PHP block, internationalized and PHP8 ready, only ELK with enabled calendar

I created a new block with this in, what would you like as the description? I have said you are the author, if that's ok?

McFly

Quote from: tino on March 05, 2022, 04:14:40 PM
Quote from: McFly on March 03, 2022, 09:47:19 AM
But other inputs for language control are NOT displayed in the settings of the blocks.

Not sure I follow what you are trying to say?

If checked "Use language visibility option for blocks", then look at the display settings of any block, there should be input fields or further check marks behind "Block title per language" and "Block visible for these languages". But they are not there and NO block or panel is displayed ... until you uncheck the language vsibility option.
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."

Testsites (may be online or not ;-) )
ElkArte 1.1.x & TP on Apache2.4.48, PHP 8.1.2 FPM/FastCGI, MariaDB 10.5.12

McFly

Quote from: tino on March 05, 2022, 04:19:30 PM
Quote from: McFly on March 04, 2022, 10:25:42 AM
Don't call me a programmer. This is just the result of copy & paste and trail & error! I can't say if this is all correct from a security point of view, or which code is possibly unnecessary.

Calendar PHP block, internationalized and PHP8 ready, only ELK with enabled calendar

I created a new block with this in, what would you like as the description? I have said you are the author, if that's ok?

Just call it "with friendly support."  ;)

Small clarification on the side: The block itself works of course also with deactivated calendar module of ELK. But the month name link directs to a page with an error message.

I also had a look at the CSS. For now, only a few display errors of the stats block eradicated. Some specifications in tp-styles have bitten with those of index of ELK and path for some grafics has changed.

Edit: Made a before after schreenshot
Every image path changed from "../images/tinyportal/ ..." to "../images/ ...".

tp-style.css, line 494 following.

The problem with "members" is that ELK (and probably SMF) already has a class called "mlist" and in this class "display: table;" is defined. But the headings should be defined with "display: block;". Furthermore, there is already a class "stats" in which the width is specified with 50%. This should be changed to 100% for the headings. Unfortunately the problem is not shown in that screenshot.
The changes and simplifications with the padding are partly a matter of taste.  ;)

tino

Language thing should work again now... it was due to the language changes and looking for the older SMF way.

McFly

Sounds good. Which branch is it? Which repository?

Have you overlooked that CSS or have you looked inside?

tino

Quote from: McFly on March 06, 2022, 10:11:11 PM
Sounds good. Which branch is it? Which repository?

Have you overlooked that CSS or have you looked inside?

I pushed it to my master as I've broken a few other things... so no formal release as such.

Not looked at the css yet, was intending to find some time during the week to do so hopefully.

McFly

Quote from: tino on March 06, 2022, 07:38:56 PM
Language thing should work again now... it was due to the language changes and looking for the older SMF way.

Unfortunately, no improvements have been seen so far. I still don't see any input or selection fields behind the language settings of the blocks.  :'(

tino

Quote from: McFly on March 07, 2022, 08:35:57 AM
Quote from: tino on March 06, 2022, 07:38:56 PM

Unfortunately, no improvements have been seen so far. I still don't see any input or selection fields behind the language settings of the blocks.  :'(

https://github.com/tinoest/ElkTinyPortal/commit/db798137d64f559eae5d62eb7bc94e27bd843aee

That commit should resolve the issue, or it did for me when using your language pack.

McFly

Input and selection fields are now visible, but any input or saving on block preferences leads to "
Undefined variable $value"  ???

Quote... /index.php?action=admin;area=tpblocks;sa=updateblock;id=2
... /TinyPortal/Controller/BlockAdmin.php
line: 470