TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 232
  • Total: 232

How to turn the News Block into a News Fader.

Started by wulbs, July 22, 2010, 01:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wulbs

I tried to use the news block in TP but news fader won't work.

Please help....

I am using:
SMF 1.1.9
TP v.1.05

ZarPrime

Hi wulbs,

Welcome to the TP Support Site.

The code below in a php block should work fine for every version of TinyPortal up to and including TP 1.0 beta 4.  It may or may not work with the latest SMF and TP (haven't tried it).  This snippet is located somewhere in our Bloc Code Snippets board, probably in a couple of places, so you probably could have found it by doing a search.

ZarPrime

global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

// Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)
if ($settings['show_newsfader'] && !empty($context['fader_news_lines']))
{
echo '
<div style="height: 40px; background: url('.$settings['images_url'].'/machine.jpg) repeat-x;">';

// Prepare all the javascript settings.
echo '
<div id="smfFadeScroller" style="text-align: center; width: 90%; padding: 2px;"><b>', $context['news_lines'][0], '</b></div>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
// The fading delay (in ms.)
var smfFadeDelay = ', empty($settings['newsfader_time']) ? 3000 : $settings['newsfader_time'], ';
// Fade from... what text color? To which background color?
var smfFadeFrom = {"r": 155, "g": 185, "b": 255}, smfFadeTo = {"r": 0, "g": 0, "b": 0};
// Surround each item with... anything special?
var smfFadeBefore = "<b>", smfFadeAfter = "</b>";

var foreColor, backEl, backColor;

if (typeof(document.getElementById(\'smfFadeScroller\').currentStyle) != "undefined")
{
foreColor = document.getElementById(\'smfFadeScroller\').currentStyle.color.match(/#([\da-f][\da-f])([\da-f][\da-f])([\da-f][\da-f])/);
smfFadeFrom = {"r": parseInt(foreColor[1]), "g": parseInt(foreColor[2]), "b": parseInt(foreColor[3])};

backEl = document.getElementById(\'smfFadeScroller\');
while (backEl.currentStyle.backgroundColor == "transparent" && typeof(backEl.parentNode) != "undefined")
backEl = backEl.parentNode;

backColor = backEl.currentStyle.backgroundColor.match(/#([\da-f][\da-f])([\da-f][\da-f])([\da-f][\da-f])/);
smfFadeTo = {"r": eval("0x" + backColor[1]), "g": eval("0x" + backColor[2]), "b": eval("0x" + backColor[3])};
}
else if (typeof(window.opera) == "undefined" && typeof(document.defaultView) != "undefined")
{
foreColor = document.defaultView.getComputedStyle(document.getElementById(\'smfFadeScroller\'), null).color.match(/rgb\((\d+), (\d+), (\d+)\)/);
smfFadeFrom = {"r": parseInt(foreColor[1]), "g": parseInt(foreColor[2]), "b": parseInt(foreColor[3])};

backEl = document.getElementById(\'smfFadeScroller\');
while (document.defaultView.getComputedStyle(backEl, null).backgroundColor == "transparent" && typeof(backEl.parentNode) != "undefined" && typeof(backEl.parentNode.tagName) != "undefined")
backEl = backEl.parentNode;

backColor = document.defaultView.getComputedStyle(backEl, null).backgroundColor.match(/rgb\((\d+), (\d+), (\d+)\)/);
smfFadeTo = {"r": parseInt(backColor[1]), "g": parseInt(backColor[2]), "b": parseInt(backColor[3])};
}

// List all the lines of the news for display.
var smfFadeContent = new Array(
"', implode('",
"', $context['fader_news_lines']), '"
);
// ]]></script><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/fader.js"></script></div>';
}

wulbs

thanks for the quick reply...I will try this now.

wulbs

Hi ZarPrime,

I put the the code that you gave to a php block but I doesn't work.

Can you teach me how to use the code that you gave?

Please help. thanks

MrCare

IchBin

It displays the news the same way that SMF does.