TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 258
  • Total: 258

Delayed Posting Issues

Started by welshdog, July 02, 2009, 12:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

1. Browse to your Admin/Maintenance/Forum maintenance and there you optimize the tables and do the rest of the maintenance steps.

See if it helps with the posting new post issue.

If not.

2. Open your PHPMyadmin and do a repair of the database and then optimize it from there to.

3. The theme you use ? is it updated? And does it have fresh files ? You wrote you uninstalled mods from it so perhaps the theme have old mod code left that create loading issues.

If that doesent help, you need to answer our questions about your portal content.
Blocks, articles, rss feeds etc thats visible only to registerd members.
As a guest the site loads fine.

welshdog

Quote from: G6 on July 02, 2009, 11:04:10 AM
1. Browse to your Admin/Maintenance/Forum maintenance and there you optimize the tables and do the rest of the maintenance steps.

See if it helps with the posting new post issue.

If not.

2. Open your PHPMyadmin and do a repair of the database and then optimize it from there to.

3. The theme you use ? is it updated? And does it have fresh files ? You wrote you uninstalled mods from it so perhaps the theme have old mod code left that create loading issues.

If that doesent help, you need to answer our questions about your portal content.
Blocks, articles, rss feeds etc thats visible only to registerd members.
As a guest the site loads fine.

1. Ran all maintenance internal to program
2. Ran 'Repair' and 'Optimize' in phpMyAdmin
3. We use the SMF-default theme (upgraded when 1.1.9 was installed)
4. Not sure what 'content' you are looking for. We have no RSS feeds or articles and the blocks are all bog standard. There is only one 'hidden' board where the members go to slag each other off in private. (It really is a very small boring little board). :)

Sadly there was no difference after the maintenance... still takes almost *exactly* 64 seconds to post! Weird I call it.

I'll be quite happy to provide you with a 'test' account if you'd like a look around?? Or even a temporary Admin Account/Password! :)

G6Cad

All i can suggest is for you to upgrade/reinstall TP and make sure you have everything correctly done.

welshdog

Quote from: G6 on July 02, 2009, 04:47:42 PM
All i can suggest is for you to upgrade/reinstall TP and make sure you have everything correctly done.

Ok... thanks for ther efforts... they're appreciated even if I couldn't resolve the problem :)

It's odd how the other forums using the same combination of TP and SMF and sitting alongside this one in my virtual space are as fast as ever yet this one simply isn't.

Final query... is it possible to 'rebuild' the site using with a full 'reinstall' of TP and SMF but still retaining the same data... if so... where can I find instructions (I really am not very technical but can usually follow instructions slavishly) ??

Thanks again.

Ken.

welshdog, this link will give you one way for doing it... see if this fits your needs.
http://docs.tinyportal.co.uk/index.php/topic,143.html
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

welshdog

Quote from: Ken. on July 03, 2009, 12:30:55 AM
welshdog, this link will give you one way for doing it... see if this fits your needs.
http://docs.tinyportal.co.uk/index.php/topic,143.html

I might just try that. We own the 'alternative' domain www.australianopinion.com.au so I can actually try this out on an entirely different domain which if it works would have the added advantage of finally getting us 'recognised' as an Australian forum :)

Thanks for the link... looks like a stressful weekend ahead.  

* welshdog  feels :uglystupid2:

IchBin

There are approximately a 150 sites all using the same server you're on. So it could be that your server resources are maxed out. You can check that here: http://www.myipneighbors.com/

One thing that comes to mind, is turning of the hostname lookup. Admin > Features and Options > Layout and Options > Disable hostname lookups? yes please. :) I know this option has caused similar issues for people in the past.

welshdog

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on July 03, 2009, 12:57:20 AMI know this option has caused similar issues for people in the past.

Tried that but it *still* took 64 seconds to appear. :)

Oddly tho the system reports the following...

QuotePage created in 0.138 seconds with 43 queries.

... I wonder what it was doing for the other 63.9 seconds? :D

Skhilled

Just a hunch but...try posting something new but look at the status bar located at the bottom left of your browser. Check to see if a URL that stays there during the 64 seconds. That might tell you what is holding things up. My initial guess is the Google Ads cause they show nothing for me (a blank block) although everything else looks fine.

If you do not have the status bar enabled you should be able to view it via the "View" menu of your browser. You'll know if the status bar works if you hold the cursor over any link on any web page and it shows it in the status bar. ;)

welshdog

Quote from: Skhilled on July 03, 2009, 06:21:04 AMMy initial guess is the Google Ads cause they show nothing for me (a blank block) although everything else looks fine.

Nice try... but when I tried in the status bar showed "Waiting for Australian Opinion' for the entire 64 seconds. :)

However I'm going to check the ads really are disabled (just in case they are still active) and see if that has any effect.

Thanks.