TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:44:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 100
  • Total: 101
  • @rjen

Few questions for bloc

Started by -Prismatic-, May 05, 2005, 08:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Prismatic-

Where can I get the newest version (0.6.5) and, you think it's about time this portal steps up from tiny? I mean, it's not so tiny anymore ;) Your inching closer and closer to the functionality of PHP Nuke without all of the overhead :) Also, is it possible to get a blank page option added? So we can make a menu and link to these pages within TP?

Think of it like this. You have your home page, and then the TP admin. From within TP admin you can create a new "page" that would act as a standalone webpage (address would be something like index.php?action=page&id=XXX)

I hope you can understand what im trying to say..

Bjørn

Yes, I understand. A blank page without any of the "bars" and top you mean? Its already in some way there, using the article function and showing just the one article. Whats needed is an option to rapidly make sure no blocks are present and the top is hidden(perhaps).

I can foresee an option that just do this easily, but uses the underlying article features.

V0.6.5 will be out today.

Yes, TinyPortal is beginning to be a rather misleading title. ;D Do you have suggestions for another...? :)

-Prismatic-

Actually, What I mean is, say you click forums. Know how the forums load with all the blocks? Well remove the forums and replace that with content and make it linkable to that page, thats what I mean :)

And, how about "BlocPortal" :D

EDIT - Will we be able to make the shoutbox visible in the center with this newest release? :D (please GOD say yes :) )

NightOwl

Well, Simple Portal is my suggestion.

But this kind of engineering is rather rare. that is portal is a module of the forum other than forum is a module of the portal. Guess there will some limitation to break if more and more options are planned to be included.

Just like IPB, they also write a portal over forum.

JustClem

Quote from: Bloc on May 05, 2005, 08:58:57 AM
Yes, TinyPortal is beginning to be a rather misleading title. ;D Do you have suggestions for another...? :)

BlocPortal :)

Ray

BlocPortal sounds about right :laugh:

BeautifulBoy

Although BlocPortal is a perfect name for the portal to reflect the efforts of its creator, I'd stick to TinyPortal for marketing reasons.

It sounds very appealing and suggests simplicity, which is still quite truthful, imo..  :D

IchBin

Stay with TinyPortal. It definately describes Bloc's ideas about what he wants his portal to be.

Nokonium