TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 192
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 144
  • Total: 144

windows forum

Started by Ray, January 10, 2006, 05:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray

If you like and you make a windows help forum I will look after that one- since that is what i do in real life :-\

crip

Speed up my Winders to open Faster..Very fasssst .. you can do this Ray?  :knuppel2:
I'm using IE6 and Winders XP.  >:D

crip~ ;)

Moocat

ray, you mean a windows support forum, not relating to tp or smf? i could use some help in that area ;)

every time i boot, i get 3 new hardware wizard windows. if i go on, it calls them unknown device, unknown device, and media controller. they are all in the device manager with code1 or code10 errors as having no driver. computer cnanot determine what kinds of devices they are either. my computer works fine, aside from these devices. the lack of driver causes my windows to bluescreen when i'm gaming. :(

the windows support forum does sound like a good idea, but not sure if it quite fits the topic of the site overall.

however, it could be beneficial in encouraging members to stay active on the site.

Ray

Quote from: Moocat on January 11, 2006, 12:51:58 AM
ray, you mean a windows support forum, not relating to tp or smf? i could use some help in that area ;)

every time i boot, i get 3 new hardware wizard windows. if i go on, it calls them unknown device, unknown device, and media controller. they are all in the device manager with code1 or code10 errors as having no driver. computer cnanot determine what kinds of devices they are either. my computer works fine, aside from these devices. the lack of driver causes my windows to bluescreen when i'm gaming. :(

the windows support forum does sound like a good idea, but not sure if it quite fits the topic of the site overall.

however, it could be beneficial in encouraging members to stay active on the site.

your problem is you do not have the right drivers that work with that version of windows. And yes you can get a blue screen from that- remove the cards you have untill the device is not their and that will tell you what drivers you need for what device, looks like you need update driver for the sound card even if it is working not having some of  the parts of it working is not a good thing --

And I mean more of peeps trying to install smf or tp on windows base systems -- even help with mysql is needed to get the forums working, most post here are on linux and I kinda stay away from helping them -- question like did you do a 777 on the folder. Heck no I use windows  ;D So if I know they are on a windows computer I can help them.

And thanks for asking Moocat

Moocat

good point, i didn't notice alot of people were using windows servers.

you think all those unknown devices could be my sound card? it works perfectly. i hope it's not my gfx card, as my mobo has no onboard gfx controller. so you suggest i update my sound card drivers? oddly enough, i tried that fairly recently, and still have problems. i'm using the same version of windows i used before i got my new hd, mobo, proc, and gfx card. back then i was still using this creative sb audigy 2, and having no problems.

Ray

Try removing your sound card from the system and reboot with out it and see if the bad drivers are still their. If they are then it is not the sound card and try another device like the modem. Are you using a force card (gforce) if so try this driver

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.98.html

oh yea what version of windows you using??

IchBin

If they are not things you are using then I would just disable them in the device manager. IMO, if you have those things trying to install at boot, they are probably onboard devices that don't have the drivers installed. Things like Raid, USB, Controllers.

Ray

Quote from: crip on January 11, 2006, 12:04:14 AM
Speed up my Winders to open Faster..Very fasssst .. you can do this Ray?  :knuppel2:
I'm using IE6 and Winders XP.  >:D

crip~ ;)

yep get more memory and a faster cpu and hell just get a new computer.

Moocat

good suggestion ray lol
my windows boots in 10 sec, since i installed new mobo, ram, proc and vga card. :D

anyway, the problem is if i uninstall the unknown devices in the device mgr, the hardware wizard still comes up and re-enables them when i boot. also, i still experience bluescreens with the devices uninstalled. i'll try removing the sound card, and i don't have an nvidea card. i have a sapphire ATI radeon x800 pro.

i think the problem may be the usb and firewire expansion things i added. they are not pci, but they fit in the back slot, and plug into the motherboard usb connector. those are the only two things i don't use, so logically they must be the problem. how would i go about getting drivers for these two annoying little sobs?

Ray

go to the manufacture of the card -- If it is a Isa card sheshh don't use it get a new pci card-- also if you are not using those cards take them out, why load more into memory if you are not going to use them? I hope any of this helps??

QuoteI think the problem may be the usb and firewire expansion things i added. they are not pci, but they fit in the back slot, and plug into the motherboard usb connector. those are the only two things i don't use, so logically they must be the problem. how would i go about getting drivers for these two annoying little sobs?

Take them out and see if that is your problem first! Did they come with the mother board or did you buy them later? If with the mother board you should have the driver on a CD if you got them later you should have the drivers sitting in the box you have stored in the top part of the closet ;D