TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 171
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 167
  • Total: 167

Need some help

Started by pure, February 24, 2005, 09:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pure

Hi again,

Maybe I should have made the changes before replying the above post. Sorry for that I was too excited to try it out and those questions so I posted them before even trying it out first.

I was able to make it work by chaning the code <a href="http://www.mysite.com/frontpage.html"> and alt="Front Page"

Works like a charm and thanks a lot for all your help and ideas. It would be nice to have the menu up above by the banner all the time but this is fine too.

Thank you again.

IchBin

lol you gotta love the feature in SMF that notifies you if someone posts before you do. I was just about to submit the answer but saw that you figured it out. Nice job!

pure

IchBin thanks and yeah I am loving this awesome SMF.

However I have one question. I still need to find the file that I can edit to make changes for the "alt" code. If you know which file to edit in order to make the changes please let me know, Thanks in advance  :)

The reason I need to change the code is since I am using home.gif for my Front Page and I replaced the orignal home.gif to forum.gif so when I point to Forum the mouse over "alt=" still shows Home. I can change it in the index.template.php but than it will keep bugging me that I need to change it in the orignal file not here.  ;D

IchBin

Change this in your link alt="' . $txt[182] . '" to this alt="Front Page"

Bjørn

The $txt[xxx] variable gets it info/strings from the language files. Look in Themes/languages/index.english.php and find the numbers corresponding.

IchBin

Thanks for that tidbit of info. I was wondering where that variable was pointing too. So I can just add my own next time. :)

pure

Bloc thanks a lot for the info and help.

I wanted to ask you one more thing how can I make some of my forums so on the index page they can see the forum but when the click on the forum to go in and try to read the posts they would get denied?

I hope it make sence what I am trying to say. Thank you.

Bjørn

I don't think its possible..if you deny guests to a forum, it will simply not be shown to them. 

pure

hi Bloc me again. Need some help.

I am unable to upload attachments. I have eanbled the attachments by going to Admin panel, Edit Features and Options, Attachments and its enabled plus I have allowed txt, gif, jpg and doc extensions. But every time I try to upload a jpg file I get the following error.

An Error Has Occurred!
Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information. 

My attachment foldes is located on second partition d:\attachments and I have set the full rights on that folder to the user IUSR to be able to upload attachments.

I would really appreciate if you could help me fix this. Thank you.

Bjørn

it seems you need to set the upload limit higher.