TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 293
  • Total: 293

0.9.8.3 Uploads just fine, but will not install

Started by rebelminion, March 22, 2007, 02:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebelminion

Hi All,

This is just plain funky.

Upgraded to 1.1.2 of SMF. I had uninstalled all MODS, etc. like a good little admin.

After update, I upload the latest package of Tinyportal. It uploads fine. I click "Apply Mod" it gives me the usual screen (19 items) that it is going to do and tells me "Test Successful" for the last bunch.

I click install, I sit for a a minute or two, then I am at a blank white page - nothing happens. I return to my site and it is still there, functioning fine, but TP is not present. I go to admin and see that the package is still there, but the ApplyMod option is still there. So clearly, no install took place.

Any ideas on what is going on here?

thanks,
R

G6Cad

A link to your site will give us more info to work with.

adamr

I get exactly the same thing by the way, and I've tried a manual install as well which doesn't seem to work. I've tried with the SMF default theme and the babylon one (I noticed in the manual install there are files for the babylon theme too)

Oh yeah, a link :)

www.cornwalltangsoodo.co.uk/members/

IchBin

If the package manager install doesn't work, then manual install is your only choice. I've tried and tested the manual install hundreds of time and succeeded every time. You'll have to be more specific about what is not working for you so that we can help you.

adamr

I can upload the manual install with no problems, and then go to /maunal_tp_install.php which (if I revisit it now) gives me
Quote* Upshrink table exists
    * Settings table exists
          o Updated version to 098
    * Blocks table exists
          o Changed pos in blocks table
          o Changed pos in blocks table
    * Variables table exists
          o Changed value5 in variables table
    * Articles table exists
          o Updated body in articles table
    * DL manager table exists
    * Shoutbox table exists

TinyPortalÃ,´s table structure is now installed/updated.
Thank you for trying out TinyPortal.

Which is understandable as I've already run it once before.

Where should I see anything new after this happens? Nothing appears in the installed packages list, and I can't see any new menu items.

IchBin

Follow the manual install guideline. You have to make modifications to the files as well.

adamr

I followed the manual install guidelines that I found here > http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=6771 < which don't mention any changes to files, and read the SMF Manual Installation of Mods page which is linked to in that guide. The .mod or .xml files mentioned in that second guide don't seem to exist.

Which files need to be edited, and with what information?

edit: seem to have found something here > http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=14195 < I'll give it a go now.

adamr

wjhsmf

chmod -R 777 ./smffolder will let you install.

rebelminion

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on March 22, 2007, 04:01:07 PM
You'll have to be more specific about what is not working for you so that we can help you.

I am not sure how much more specific I can get than describing what exactly happens, as I did in the original post.

I am actually now seeing this occur on two sites.

www.battlefielders.com
www.thespook.net

It happens exactly the same way on both sites.  Everything works as expected, right up until I click "Install".

Then, it ultimately takes me to a blank white webpage. Here is the URL for this strange blank page:

http://www.thespook.net/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=TP_0983.zip

If I then return to the admin>packages screen, I see TinyPortal in the list with "Apply Mod" available. If I click it again, same thing happens as before.

Both sites are with the same host, which may be the problem. However, all previous installs/updates of TP went fine on these sites.

the chmod for the smf folder is already set to 777 in both cases.

As suggested, I will next try a manual install on one of these sites.

Thanks,
R