TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:50:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 84
  • illori

Article Titles And Social Media Sharing

Started by jernatety, June 12, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jernatety

Quote from: wildenborch on June 19, 2018, 04:25:44 PM
Too bad it didn't work for you.
I assume it's indeed the Optimus Seo mod.

the Raw tags show the following info:

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="53BCC2856C78A3034A88B0700F1592DA" />

<meta name="description" content="The Youth Hockey Database - East coast youth hockey info. Tier l, tier ll and independent AAA information." />

<meta name="keywords" content="Youth hockey,youth hockey info,forum,hockey information,youthhockey,travel,hockey,rinks,youth hockey information" />

<meta property="og:title" content="Youth Hockey Info - Youth Hockey" />

<meta property="og:type" content="website" />

<meta property="og:url" content="https://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/" />

<meta property="og:image" content="https://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/Themes/default/images/Youth_Hockey_Info_LOGO.jpg" />

<meta property="og:description" content="The Youth Hockey Database - East coast youth hockey info. Tier l, tier ll and independent AAA information." />

<meta property="og:site_name" content="Youth Hockey Info" />

<meta property="fb:app_id" name="app_id" content="426254727844927" />

I just installed the Optimus Seo myself but it does not keep my settings. So I deleted it again.

Yep, that's all of the data I have in the meta fields for Optimus. So basically Optimus forces the third party pages, (Articles) to use the same settings as the site index.

wildenborch

I just installed Optimus Seo myself and noticed an option to choose which portal is used.
I do not know what this functionality is doing since my settings are not kept.
I have therefore removed Optimus from my site again.

jernatety

Quote from: wildenborch on June 19, 2018, 04:54:15 PM
I just installed Optimus Seo myself and noticed an option to choose which portal is used.
I do not know what this functionality is doing since my settings are not kept.
I have therefore removed Optimus from my site again.

Yes, I have tinyportal selected in mine. I honestly have no idea what it does either. I just selected it because the developer for that mod said I should since I'm using TP.

wildenborch

What will happen if you change the title of your website in optimus to the title of the Rink Page for only a few minutes, scrape the article again and see the title in optimus back to Youth Hockey Info - Youth Hockey?

jernatety

It changes the site name to whatever is entered into that field immediately.

wildenborch

I copied your raw tags directly into my theme and after I pushed the scrape again button your site info was in my facebook posting. So I think we can say with 99,999% certainty that Optimus Seo is indeed preventing the facebook posting from showing the article titles.

If you find a solution for this problem please share it here with us.

jernatety

Quote from: wildenborch on June 19, 2018, 08:50:55 PM
I copied your raw tags directly into my theme and after I pushed the scrape again button your site info was in my facebook posting. So I think we can say with 99,999% certainty that Optimus Seo is indeed preventing the facebook posting from showing the article titles.

If you find a solution for this problem please share it here with us.

Ok, will do. My assumption is that there won't be any changes mainly because I asked several months ago if he could update some things I thought would help. He said he's not making changes to the mod.

wildenborch

Can you try to somehow remove
from optimus.

and then scrape again?

The Title Youth Hockey Info - Youth Hockey appears in the browsers tab buttons
This can also be done by placing the title in TinyPortal's settings: Use a custom frontpage title:

jernatety

Quote from: wildenborch on June 20, 2018, 07:07:43 AM
Can you try to somehow remove
from optimus.

and then scrape again?

The Title Youth Hockey Info - Youth Hockey appears in the browsers tab buttons
This can also be done by placing the title in TinyPortal's settings: Use a custom frontpage title:

That's the default when the mod is installed. You can't change it unless you the "Youth Hockey" part to something else. If you remove Youth Hockey and leave the field empty, it will automatically append "Youth Hockey Info".

wildenborch

Quote from: lurkalot on June 15, 2018, 09:36:47 PM
Thanks for those links, well handy. ;)  wildenborch, I Confess to not knowing how this stuff works at all, it would be a good idea for a tutorial if you're up for it.

I am currently working on the tutorial.

I added the code on my brothers website in more that 3000 articles with a mysql command (and it worked) so I will add this to the tutorial as well.

The tutorial will start with:
In Tinyportal there is functionality to share the articles on social media.
I noticed that when using the facebook social media button, in the result (the so called scrape), the title of the article is mentioned twice.

The tutorial will not give an answer to Jernatety's problem.