TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:03:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86

Panel / Block for a user's posts

Started by Skb, January 12, 2021, 04:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skb

Recently we lost a founder member and want to create a Memorial Page containing her selected Posts. But, we do not want the posts to appear as links or screenshots. How do we replicate her posts in a Block, Panel or Article Page.

SMF 2.1 RC4 (default theme) / TP 2.1.0

@rjen

I think you got an answer on SMF, use ssi_fetchpost.

What more do you need ?
It would help if you are very specific about what you want :
- one post at a time?
- multiple posts?
- a fixed post?
- a random post?
- selected by user?
- selected by post id(s)?

Anything that helps bring more specific...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Skb

Yes, I did get the response there but that exceeds my IT skills. I tried using that function in a SSI block, but TP's SSI blocks have set pre-defined functions.

To be more specific, we would like to start a thread where the current members could select (and post) some of her memorable posts. We could do that by posting links to those selected posts, but if an option is available to display the posts themselves, then that would be more preferable.

lurkalot

Quote from: Skb on January 12, 2021, 06:24:18 AM
Yes, I did get the response there but that exceeds my IT skills. I tried using that function in a SSI block, but TP's SSI blocks have set pre-defined functions.

To be more specific, we would like to start a thread where the current members could select (and post) some of her memorable posts. We could do that by posting links to those selected posts, but if an option is available to display the posts themselves, then that would be more preferable.

Couldn't you just quote the selected posts from that particular user, and paste them in that new memorial topic? Sorry if I'm not grasping this atm. 

EDIT: Sorry should have visited your topic over at SMF before replying, I see that's not what you want to do.  :-[ 

Skb

Thanks Mick,

I guess if the posts cannot be replicated then the "Quote" option seems the best, as clicking the Quote leads to the said post. So I think we'll go for that.