TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:56:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 192
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 129
  • Total: 129

Posts on homepage, is this possible?

Started by coolmac112, January 21, 2010, 12:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolmac112

hi everyone,

I'm just curious, i am trying to put forum posts on my homepage. Not recent topics but posts with about 500 characters so that visitors get the motivation to join up and comment on them. One way i can do this at the moment is by disabling the frontpanel and choosing forum posts in TP Admin section.

The problem is I have other blocks that have to be displayed on the homepage in the center. Is there anyway i can achieve both?

I was hoping there could be a script for a php block with this functionality.

Please help.

IchBin

Put a code snippet in one of those front page blocks for recent posts? I don't see the dilemma here...

coolmac112

I'm sure you didn't get me or i'm missing something very very basic.

Its my wish to put a code snippet and have the posts displayed with some "previews" of about 500 characters each. As of now, if i choose any of the code snippets that come with the default package...i'm getting a LIST of recent topics...do you see the difference now?

I would be most grateful if you could point me where there is a code snippet that displays posts in the format i'm talking about, i've looked everywhere with no luck :(

Thanks for the quick response.

IchBin

So you keep bouncing between posts and topics. Which do you want to display, recent posts or recent topics?

coolmac112

I have come up with a solution to the whole thing..

Thanks for your help.

-I chose to display forum posts then moved all the other center blocks to the top panel...so now i have POSTS with intro text!! yay!