TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:42:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 102
  • Total: 102

What Are You Listening To Now?

Started by TolerancE, October 18, 2006, 01:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

One of the funniest vid's I've watched in a long time. Posted on my facebook last week, figured I'd share here.

http://youtu.be/fpwhA-LdOHo

ZarPrime

Freddy

Yeah I love that, especially Bouncy :)

ZarPrime

A Thanksgiving Tradition ...

I was too busy yesterday to do much of anything on the computer but, after hearing it on the radio yesterday afternoon, I decided to post it today.  Yes, it truly is a tradition and everything in this song actually happened to the author on Thanksgiving Day in 1965 when he was 18 years old.  I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Enjoy this blast from the past !!!

IchBin

Never heard that before. lol Pretty good!

ZarPrime

I'm actually surprised that you never heard it.  It's a great song from way back when I was a "kid".  Arlo Guthrie actually did a rehash of the song with a few lines added in in the 1990's which referenced the old song at the beginning.  That's the one that most younger people have heard.  I might post that one a little later.

ZarPrime

The video posted  above was the original "Alice's Restaurant" from way back in the 1960's. Interestingly enough, Arlo Guthrie did a rehash of the song in the 1990's, about 30 years later, that was a little longer but it was cool too. In that one, Arlo referenced the old song and also referenced Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon and speculated on what was going on during the missing 18 minutes and 20 seconds of the Watergate Tapes. Since I think everyone should hear that version at least once, here it is. Interesting how Arlo's voice changed in the intervening years between the two.  Enjoy !!!

Maxx1

Thanks Jim, brings back some memories Good and Bad, but mostly good!

Good Tune...Attitude and Good movies, and His families background great as well.

Arlo, sing on Bro!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

ZarPrime

I know it's not perfect.  This 16 year old kid is a little flat at times but hey, Elvis was too. :P I swear, if you closed your eyes and listened, you'd swear that you were sitting in the presence of "The King".  I just wish that the French Canadian lady DJ had let him sing the whole thing instead of interrupting him.

IchBin

Definitely sounded like the King to me! Just glad he wasn't trying to look like him too. :)