TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:21:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 234
  • Total: 234

What do you want to see in TP?

Started by Lesmond, April 04, 2009, 11:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

TinyPortal has been around for quite some time now and we added quite a few things to it over the versions to make it a useful portal solution for SMF.

But if it were to top all other portals - what would TP need? :)

samo_zin123

i do want  TP  to act like asocial network script  i dream about
guops module like those in social websites 
advanced profile
so many built in blocks makes me able to have areal social network
seo friendly ulrs
ajax chat modules
blog module
with facebook down bar
co-opration with smf-media team
and it will be tinyportosocial  for smf  hehheeh :)
......................sometimes dreams come true

ok lets talk about what could be possible
i hope to finde acheck mark that enables me to show all recent topix on the front page  not only 5 board topix  could be shown  i mean the whole forum topix from all boards  appears on the front page

i hope i can hide the tp version in the next release  just want it ro say iam using TP  not the version number

flash_os

It's need to be standalone portal.

Inny

Blocks to show on specific theme(s)... need one more coffee to think of something else :P

Dragooon

Well some sort of automated block system, like having XML files for blocks which can be uploaded on TP.net and an user can get it directly from his or her TP interface. As well as having the ability for blocks to take user inputs.

G6Cad

Quote from: flash_os on April 04, 2009, 11:44:32 AM
It's need to be standalone portal.

Not ever will that be made with TP, or atleast i hope it doesent go that route, TP is for SMF and not any other forum script out there, we are a small team but qa very well working team and a standalone portal will make everything messed up everywhere,

Im fine with whats built in allready, but more open for modules now, TP is TINY portal, if you add in more features in the base script, it will become gigantic, and loose everything it stands for, so i will have to go for modules and not more premade included inside tp.

bbTURK

form manager - create and manage forms
url manager - create short urls for internal and external pages (domain.com/customtext)
link manager - it can be like download manager but its for external file sources.
different css edition for each block frame.
dictionary module - it is not as same as glossary. it is like http://thedict.net.

these are what i want to see in tp.
and i realy like dragooon's idea.

JPDeni

If I were designing TP, I would take out all block types except for php, html and bbc and then make all the rest of the block types available to install. That would make it a whole lot easier for people to tweak things to their own liking, rather than having to find the code in the Sources file. Also, it would make the whole package "tinier" for people who would never use the vast majority of the built-in block types. With the new function to import block codes (which I haven't yet looked into enough), it would be easy for people to install the codes even if they're a bit "challenged" in the area of coding and those with more coding ability would be able to tweak to their heart's content.

Here on TP.net, we could have sections of code that were for similar purposes, such as WoW or social networking or whatever else people could think of. Maybe even have whole packages consisting of modules and blocks that could be installed all at once.

I'm probably the only one who would think this is a good idea, though. :)

One thing that would be fantastic would be the ability to add a link to the title of blocks, so that every block could have a clickable title, like the User block does now. It seems small, but there have been a number of times I've wished for it and others have asked about it as well.

Bec

Its hard to improve on perfection!!

I agree with the forms suggestion, its something that a lot of people need on site. I particularly loved the review module and am totally bummed that it is no longer supported cause I upgraded specifically to have that!

Don't know what's possible but I like the idea of the blocks being more free flowing rather than just left, right, centre etc...  would be nice if you could have a left/right block switched on in forum view but not on frontpage (while still having something in that same block on the frontpage), have always wanted to have something down the side of my forum with advertising banners and stuff but dont want it on the frontpage. (maybe that is possible, havent had too much time to test out all the new features since upgrading)

But yeah just a bit of feedback for you, like I said it is already great, so I wouldn't be changing it too much! But I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future! :)

Skhilled

I like the ideas from Dragoon and JPDenni (no, you aren't the only one who likes it, LOL).

bbTurk's ideas would be great for modules.