TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 79
  • Total: 79

Log-Out issues, WorkDesk3

Started by Ken., January 27, 2016, 05:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Theme link gives me a 'not found' error?
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

lurkalot

illori

then it was removed from the mod site, but if you want it i can get you a copy. it is same theme i am using on my smf help site.

lurkalot

Ken, did you have to ad that logout button to the menu? I only ask because you shouldn't have to. It should ick up all the existing menu items by itself when you install it.

Illori, would hooks left over from a previous menu mod be the cause?

illori

that theme has its own menu mod built in. when i installed it, the log out button was added like the rest, you cant "edit" or "delete" it. on ken's install you can edit/delete it, so something is wrong with how it got installed i think that is making it not pull that button correctly.

lurkalot

Quote from: illori on January 28, 2016, 06:12:44 PM
that theme has its own menu mod built in. when i installed it, the log out button was added like the rest,

Exactly, that's what I was saying above. I was wondering as there was (before the site rebuild) another menu mod installed, which isn't there now, if that might have something to do with it. 

illori

i would think if the entire theme was removed then it would try to rebuild the menu. i would need to find out where the menu is stored and see if we can remove those entries from the database and go from there.

lurkalot

Quote from: illori on January 28, 2016, 06:51:18 PM
i would think if the entire theme was removed then it would try to rebuild the menu. i would need to find out where the menu is stored and see if we can remove those entries from the database and go from there.

That's what I was thinking, but I have to admit I did look at a couple of my test databases earlier, but couldn't for the life of me see where that info was.  I'll hopefully learn something from your findings.  ;)

Ken.

I don't recall ever having an issue with the theme before, but as noted earlier, I rarely ever log out so the issue may have been ongoing for a while and I just did not notice.

Mick, I did have to add the logout link to the menu because it was not showing when the theme was installed.

Illori, thanks for the theme link... the Silent Wave looks a lot like yours, plus some color in the header.  It is already installed, so for now it will serve, meanwhile I'll keep looking.  :)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.