TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:17:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 137
  • Total: 138
  • @rjen

Adminpage

Started by bluelime, June 27, 2009, 10:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluelime

Hello!

I've made som nifty blocks to use on my homepage, but I would really like to administrate them through the adminpanel in SMF/TP.

So, how do I add another item in the menu in the adminsection?

ZarPrime

Hi bluelime,

Welcome to TinyPortal.

First of all, what do you mean by "add another item in the menu in the adminsection?"  In other words, what item is not located there that you would like to have?  Can you give us a screenshot so that we can see what is missing and, while you are at it, Please Read and Follow the Posting Guidelines so that it would be easier for us to figure out how to help you.

ZarPrime

bluelime

Hello again!

No, you see, there is no menuitem missing. But I'd like to add some custom choices to the menu so that I can administrate some custom documents.

Thanks for the tip of reading the posting guidelines, I will do that right now.

Renegd98

bluelime,

How did you add this custom content?  Did you use the article editor to create them or did you hard code them?

As requested by Zarprime please read the posting guidelines and explain exactly what you need help with. I am not exactly sure what you are wanting.

bluelime

Hi!

This is the best way I can explain it and I will ask of you to respect that. English is not my primary language and I have a big problem trying to explain what I want have said.

I simply cannot understand what is so hard for you to understand.

I want to add a simple, new, custom button in the lefthand menu in my administrative area.

Here is a picture to further explain what it is I want. http://g.imagehost.org/0561/ss.jpg

JPDeni

This would be a question that would be appropriate to ask at the SMF forum. TP doesn't have anything to do with the structure of the admin menu.

ZarPrime

I understand now.  Yes, as JP Deni says, you should ask about that over at SMF because if you are going to do something like this it would have to be hard coded into the SMF files and they are the best ones to tell you how to do that.

However, since we now know from the picture that you are using TP 1.0 beta 4, you could setup a menu in TP with your links in it and put it into a block, either in the left or right panel, or maybe in an upper panel.  You would set it to show only in the Admin section with may be the custom action of "tpadmin" as well, and it would give you those extra links (menu items) you want.

See the pic below for an example.

ZarPrime

JPDeni

What a great idea, ZP! I would never have thought of that. The versatility of TP never ceases to amaze me.

Zetan

Ken.

That is a great idea. :up:

Tip:
If, like me, your panels are set to 'Hide panels when in admin section?' you'll need to change that setting.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

bloc

By far the quickest solution Zetan  :), as already said adding into that admin menu means changing SMF source files in several places. TP tags itself into it, but only with the main TP functions.

Zetan

Quote from: Bloc on June 29, 2009, 10:56:13 AM
By far the quickest solution Zetan  :), as already said adding into that admin menu means changing SMF source files in several places. TP tags itself into it, but only with the main TP functions.

That was ZarPrime's suggestion :)

bloc

Darn, I mix ZP and Z(etan) for some reason :P :) Sorry lol

Skhilled

That is a great idea. I never thought of that. It opens up a lot of possibilities. ;)

ZarPrime

Thanks everyone.

To me, being able to set custom actions for each block individually gives a TP user the power to do just about anything like this.  The only thing I have a problem with on this, is, as Ken mentioned, if you want to show the upper panel in the Admin section, you have to show all the panels in the Admin section.  Perhaps that could be a future feature request for Bloc, being able to select a section to show an individual panel rather than having to show all the panels in that section.

I'm just hoping that bluelime will be able to get something out of this topic so that he won't have to make edits to the core SMF files that will just go away once he does an SMF upgrade.

ZarPrime

Ken.

Quote from: ZarPrime on June 29, 2009, 02:33:15 PM
Thanks everyone.

To me, being able to set custom actions for each block individually gives a TP user the power to do just about anything like this.  The only thing I have a problem with on this, is, as Ken mentioned, if you want to show the upper panel in the Admin section, you have to show all the panels in the Admin section.  Perhaps that could be a future feature request for Bloc, being able to select a section to show an individual panel rather than having to show all the panels in that section.

I'm just hoping that bluelime will be able to get something out of this topic so that he won't have to make edits to the core SMF files that will just go away once he does an SMF upgrade.

ZarPrime

As ZP points out, it is true that it's all or nothing on the panels, but in my test only the one 'test' block was set to show in the admin section (left panel) so it made no apparent difference where the other panels would have been showing if another block had been set to show in the admin controls... all of my blocks that are showing in the forum are in the right panel and because none are set to show in admin the right panel is not showing either.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.